Shoes

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 2 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 2 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 3 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Have you purchased your baby's first shoes yet? If so, what did you go with? Feel free to share a photo/photos!

Ruby has just been in slippers and socks so far. I really want to buy her these Toms...

April 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those are super cute, Kristen!

Eve has a couple pairs of Robeez she wears sometimes and she's worn shoes a few times when she's worn dresses and tights. Most of the time no shoes though.

I will put shoes on her sooner than I did with Riley. I didn't put real shoes (with a firm sole) on him until he started to walk, and he freaked out for a few days until he got used to wearing them.
April 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I have several pairs of the old school Robeez that are the pre-walkers with a waterproof, soft bottom, and then a few pairs of the ones they used to make with a flexible rubber sole that he will get to wear. When I purchase his first "new" pair of shoes, it will most likely be See Kai Run's.
myfavoriteshoes likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
ditto, doremi!

April 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Jonah has yet to wear shoes. He has some slippers, not sure if that counts. I did purchase some cute Robeez with a crab on them for this summer

April 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Both kids have several pairs of soft-soled Robeez/Pedipeds that they wear when we go places...98% of the time they just wear socks.

I did get each of them a pair of these See Kai Run sandals for them for this summer/fall...I guess they will be their first "real" set of shoes.

bostoncreampie and jlstebbins like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Meghan has my older dd's Robeez and the little slip on tennis shoes from Old Navy.

April 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh, and Kristen I LOVE those Toms!!
bostoncreampie likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol, as I was reading this I was thinking "what are Robeez? Am I a bad mom because I don't know??" So I googled it and realized that Madalyn has 2 pair! I just didn't know what they were called!
bostoncreampie and doremi like this.

April 18th, 2013, 04:38 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, luyando must be the diva here. She has several pairs of shoes. Some from dd1 and some that I bought specifically for and some are gifts. Her feet are so narrow though so we can only fit two right now. She has 3 robeez (different colors), several church shoes, etc. For now she mainly wears her shoes to church. She has a pair of footrattles for casual going out or socks also work. I do try to get them used to shoes earlier cos I think they take it off a lot when they are not used to it. On a side not, I have not been in a country where they like to go barefoot like they do here. Like you can see the sole of their feet is all black from walking barefoot! And its kids, men, even some ladies! And its not just in the beach, its in the shopping mall, grocery, etc. A friend of mine's daughter cut her feet while walking around barefoot like her other aussie friends couple of days ago. I hope my daughters don't get too comfortable with the shoeless lifestyle

Sisters, friends forever

Last edited by yashobo; April 18th, 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Added pic
April 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I have tons of shoes from Lila so there's really no point in buying new ones for Eleanor but I'm sure I will anyway!

April 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ares has two pairs of sneakers. Ones that look like converse and some other ones that look like vans. They are both soooo cute! (They pretty much feel like slippers though, soft sole and very comfy)

He also has two pairs of slippers that he wears much more. I only put him in his shoes when we are going somewhere and I think it will look really cute with his outfit.

April 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Super Mommy
She is mainly in socks right now, or better yet nothing on her toes - they are her favorite teething toys! :-) Her Grandpa gave her a cute pair of soft soled Robeez with a sheep on front so when we get home she will have those.
April 18th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran
Holy cow, I love shoes on my daughter. I love shoes period. I was in Old Navy yesterday and bought 3 pair for her that were on clearance....
April 19th, 2013, 06:58 AM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
KHM- I just bought those same shoes for Coleson this past weekend.

Coleson has a few....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search