best friends

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 4 Post By doremi
  • 3 Post By mommaof4andhalf
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 3 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 2 Post By AltMommy
  • 3 Post By Summerdays12
  • 2 Post By doremi
  • 2 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 03:05 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Do you have a best friend? Tell us about him or her!
April 17th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My BFF is named Lindsey. I met her while we were working at a sporting goods store in 2004.We became fast friends and we spent all of our time at work together. Apparently we intimidated the managers because we were so close!

We were both the maid/matron of honor in each other's weddings that were both held in August! (Not the same year)

Now, we text all the time and get together when we can.

Her son is exactly 3weeks younger than Madalyn!
bostoncreampie likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 03:49 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
My best friend is also named Sarah. We met while getting our master's degrees in voice at TCU, and it was an instant connection like I've never had with another friend. We were both in long distance serious relationships at the time, got engaged the same week, and married within 6 months of each other. She is extremely sarcastic (as am I IRL... I reign it in on here!), smart, a beautiful singer, shares similar parenting and religious beliefs, and has been through some of the times I consider the most stressful and the most painful in my life with me. She is originally from Mobile, Alabama and now lives in Atlanta. Her husband is a professional big band singer and is the lead singer and director of the Glenn Miller Orchestra. He is on the road 50 weeks out of the year. They have three kids, ages 6,5 and 2. She homeschools the older two so that they have the flexibility to go out on the road with her husband whenever they want to. She also maintains a private voice and piano studio, and teaches at an arts school as the music teacher. We talk on the phone several times a month, but very rarely get to see each other. Her husband was performing here in mid-October, so that was the last time I saw her. She flew in the same weekend that Jamison was released from the nicu. It had been 5 years since we had seen each other, and I have never met her younger two children. Her husband and my DH joke that they married the same person because there are so many similarities in our mannerisms. We consider them our closest couple friends. Here is a pic from the day I brought Jamison home, when she was visiting:

April 17th, 2013, 04:03 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I know it's kinda cliche' but my best friend is my hubby. He and I hang out together, we work on cars together, he helps me make candles, we love all the same stuff and he listens to all of my problems (even about him) and helps me work through them.

The closest second would have to be Shelly. I haven't seen her in 4 years. She helped me through a lot of crap when I was divorcing my ex and trying to get on my own 2 feet. She was the one who watched my kids when I gave birth to Samantha and to Ryan. She is also the one who gave me the courage to leave Kentucky and start over in Oklahoma.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kind of a sore subject over here. I used to have a best friend, but then she decided she really only needs me when her other friends aren't in town...ouch.
bostoncreampie likes this.
April 17th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, sorry!

April 17th, 2013, 07:10 PM
These are great!

It's hard for me to answer. I would say right now, it's my husband. I need more girl friends. Before I moved to NY, I was close to a mom I met in a moms group, but for some reason things are busier since I came back and we don't talk much. My good friend from college is named Rachel. We were very close for a few years before I had kids, and we drifted apart some with moves and lifestyle changes. Then we had some tension after my second was born which turned out to be related to her coming out of the closet as a lesbian, and divorcing her husband! Big shock. We talked on the phone a ton after that because she was really traumatized by all of it and needed support. I really miss her, I need to foster my friendships more. It's so hard when I am busy with kids! It doesn't make sense that it would deter me from maintaining friendships, but I find that it does.
April 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My last "best friend" became addicted to drugs and when I found out I was pregnant I cut her out of my life. So so sad really. She was beautiful, literally a genius, funny, kind, etc. It was so awful to see her waste away. She could have done great things with her life. She wanted to be a college math professor and was definitely smart enough to be. The drugs completely changed her.

And now my best friend is Ares.

April 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It really is hard to maintain friendships when you have kids. I find it tough, because most of my friends don't have kids. So when they invite me to do something it's like going out for happy hour or a nice supper or something that really isn't practical without finding someone to watch the kids...which I don't have. Not to mention Eve won't take a bottle so I'm her food source!
April 17th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
My best friend is truly my husband but my best girl friend is Jane. We worked together for several years. She lives about an hour and a half from me and we see each other I would say every other month. We talk on the phone and on FB. She is much older than I am. She is 60!! Believe it or not we have so much in common. She is smart, funny, caring, thoughtful, sincere, energetic, and just the perfect friend. She is like my mother but so much more. I also have two other close friends..Amy and Christie. They are sisters and we grew up together. Our parents knew each other before we were even born. We have never lost touch but we rarely see each other. They live about 30 minutes from me. I would like to see them because I think it's a shame that we don't being we live so close.

April 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
My Mom likes to say it is a MIRACLE if you still have BFF's by the time you are her age, because first you have to survive all the drama that goes with growing up, then you have to like whoever they pick for a partner, and THEN your kids have to get along with their kids LOL!!
LoverlyJules and Belita like this.

April 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 best friends; all of them share the same religious beliefs as I do. I have known one all my life; our parents were friends (her mom died about 13 years ago). We went to the same elementary school and college. Came to the US the same year (without talking to each other about our plans) and went to graduate schools that were about 15 minutes train rides to each other. We spent lots of weekends together that I am sure some of our American colleagues and friends probably though we were lesbians (like we'd share beds when we visited each other because in our country its no big deal to sleep on a bed with a friend). We've still talk at least once a week; she is now in canada. She is like an aunt to my kids and she is looking forward to being blessed with her own kids and I can't wait until she is a mother; she'll make a great mom.

My 2nd best friend, I met in college slightly over 20 years ago. She also lives in the US. We've been blessed to have our kids at about the same time; she has three kids. We don't live in the same state so we don't get to see each other as much as we would like. However, she came to see me after Luyando's birth; spent 3 days with us. She is maybe 4 years older than me so she also acts like my older sister at times. We talked everyday when I was in the US and even when I was here and not working even though we are now in different countries. Now that I'm working we talk at least 2ce a week because of the time difference. We've been through a lot together and we keep each other encouraged and supported.

My 3rd friend is in England. We met in middle/high school and also lived like 3 houses away from each other growing up. I just finished talking with her tonight. I talk to her at least 3 times a week. She has a daughter about the same age as dd1 so we have a lot in common. We've known each other forever and know each others families well; we also share some common friends from school. We have different personalities but yet respect our differences and learn from each other.

I have lots of very close friends. I make friends easily and tend to keep my friends too. DD1 is like me in that regards.
bostoncreampie and Belita like this.

Sisters, friends forever
April 18th, 2013, 07:24 PM
these are fun to hear about!
April 18th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I moved around a lot when I was younger and that's caused me to have a hard time forming lasting friendships because I eventually started thinking "what's the point?"

My closest friend was a roommate I had when I was starting to live on my own. She came out here from Michigan. We always got along, but we were both in long distance relationships at the time, handled them differently, and didn't really understand each other. Eventually we became very close. We talk a few times per week either through text or phone calls. She lives in Michigan again now, but is so amazing that she came out here to keep me company for a few days while I'm trying to deal with my mom's death. She flew out here by herself, on connecting flights, with an 8 month old to be there for me and even though it's been a year and a half since we've seen each other in person, it was like we'd spent no time apart. I couldn't ask for a better friend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search