Flaws

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By AltMommy
  • 3 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We all have them, but sometimes it can be hard to admit to ourselves what they are, so that we can work on them. I think it's good every now and then to establish things we are doing wrong, to keep us grounded and realize the things that we could be doing better So... What are some of your biggest "flaws"? And what is something you really LOVE about yourself?

(Neither can have anything to do with your looks, since we are all obviously beautiful ladies here hehe)

Some of my biggest flaws would be.... I have a short temper, and can be quite stubborn. I also get jealous pretty easily when I am in a relationship. It's definitely due to my past relationships and being cheated on and all that "fun stuff". But it's something I'm working on. I just have to realize that not all guys are lying jerks and that someday someone CAN be faithful to me. It's definitely hard.

Something I love about myself... I love that I am so motivated. Ares has been an amazing driving force and I feel like I would have never had the motivation to pursue my career like I am doing right now if it weren't for him.

Now your ladies turns
Belita and mommaof4andhalf like this.

April 18th, 2013, 12:57 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
One of my flaws is that I tend to be quite sarcastic, and I tend to criticize my DH more than I should. I am constantly working on remembering to praise my kids and DH when they do things that are wonderful, not just point out the bad things when they happen.

I love that I have a career that I love that also is flexible enough for me to feel like a fully present mom to my young kids.
cincy1luv, Belita and JillMama like this.

April 18th, 2013, 05:35 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Flaw: I have trouble saying thank you. I honestly don't know why ... But sometimes the words just won't come out!

Love: I love that I enjoy reading. Both of my parents struggled in school, but made sure to take time to read with me as a kid.
Belita likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Flaw: I can be too critical sometimes.

Love: I'm creative.

April 18th, 2013, 10:56 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Flaws: I am incredibly jealous in my relationship. I know I have nothing to worry about but I can't help it. DH is a possessive guy so it balances out. Another one of my biggest flaws is that I hold grudges. I can't just forgive and forget.

Love: I love my stubbornness. Yeah, it causes some explosive fights but it also gives me the drive to better myself all the time and to set out and do things that people think is impossible of me.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Flaw(s) I have tons, here are a few.
I have a hard time saying sorry.
I have a sassy smart mouth (always have)
I have the type of personality where you either love me or dislike me, I don't think people ever think " Jill, yeah she's OK"
I have a really had habit of interrupting, I HATE this about myself, and am really working on that one.

Love :: I love the passion I have for my job, I am very lucky to have found something that I love to do and am good at at a very young age (18)
I value my family and friends, and will fight to the death for any of them. I could care less if you came up to my face and told me I was the biggest POS on earth, but say that to someone I love and the claws come out.
I am very forgiving, I do not hold grudges, I hate them, to a fault sometimes..... I have a "friend" whom I've been friends with since 7th grade, we have always been so close, but the last few years have been rough, she's not been a good friend, and I told her off while I was pregnant (and rightfully so) but it kills me that we aren't talking even though I know her friendship isn't a positive one in my life anymore....

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
April 22nd, 2013, 05:05 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Jill I'm really sorry about your friend. That's a tricky situation. Hopefully things will turn around again?! You've been friends for so long that I'm sure you can work through this. Why has she not been a good friend?

I as well could write about my flaws all day! Hey, at least I notice and admit them, right!?

Flaws:
-stubborn
-Also very jealous in my relationship, although I've gotten so much better in the past several years!
-very anxious! About everything. I am always expecting the worst to happen, which makes it hard to enjoy the little things in life
-it can be hard for me to motivate myself in certain things
-I also criticize dh more than I should. Sometimes. But at the same time I make sure to praise the acts that he does which make me very happy.
-just like cuatx, I'm happy being a hermit. Lol. I have to make a conscious effort to find friends and not having grown up here, I don't have very many around, which I'm trying to change. Especially now that I have a baby.

Those were the big ones I could think right off the bat.

Love:
-my stubbornness. yes it's a flaw but I also see it as an asset. It helps me prevail in things such as natural childbirth and breast feeding through things like mastitis and many plugged ducts. I'm not a quitter. Especially if someone tells me I can't do it. Lol. My mom kept telling me all through the pregnancy that I'd be begging for an epidural during delivery and honestly, that was a big motivating factor. Lol. Second to wanting my daughter to come into this world pure, without drugs in her system.
-my love for making others happy. I don't put myself first, hardly ever. I don't have much but if I see someone in need, I dont have any problem giving to them. I'd rather spend my money on someone else to make them happy than on myself.
-I enjoy cooking and baking and I have to admit I'm pretty good at it. Dh's belly is a testament to that.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
One of my flaws is that I tend to be quite sarcastic, and I tend to criticize my DH more than I should. I am constantly working on remembering to praise my kids and DH when they do things that are wonderful, not just point out the bad things when they happen.
That is mine too... I overreact too much to little things I guess. I need to work on that... DH tells me all the time to cool it.

April 22nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
flaws

I tend to only think about what i want to accomplish and forget about the desires of my other half especially financially

I have gut wrenching guilt during confrontations even if I know im right becuse iv no self confidence and fear disapointing others strangely im also very stubborn which are traits that do not combine well

I can be very critical of my better halfs behavior but take it very personally when he returns the favor

loves

i love that im good at organizing things (when i actually do it) nothing makes me feel more acomplished then seeing everything in order especilly books

I love that i feel like iv actually been a better parent then i even expected myself to be im actually quite proud of how iv handled situations since haveing him that whould have gone much differntly before

April 22nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
Pageturner
I'm extremely sensitive and let things hurt me too easily.

I care a lot about other people and try really hard to make them happy.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Flaws--stubborn, sometimes when (dh) says stuff joking because thats how he is I take it the wrong way and get pissed. ( this is do to past relationship but I have been working on it).

loves

I am a hard worker been at it since I was 13, I am very in to my family, I always try to help someone out, I am very open minded because I put myself in other peoples shoes and say "what if that was me". I have had a hard life growing up and when I look back I have come so far.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
Flaws : I'm super critical of myself and have always had issues with self-confidence and image. I was chunky as a kid so the memories of being made fun of and teased, even by family members still hurts me deep down. Even though i've come a long way, there's a still small part of me that obsesses over weight and such, but I'm working on it. I tend to over think things way too much. I'm impatient with certain things and stubborn as well. I forget things, I'm constantly thinking. I tend to hold grudges when someone really crosses me, I'm learning to let things like that go sooner than I usually would. Forgive and forget is easier said than done for me :/

Love : I'm super compassionate and I always lend a hand when needed. I give people the benefit of the doubt, even when they don't deserve it. I'm hardworking and disciplined. More importantly, I'm a mother. Which has definitely changed my ways of thinking completely. I'm understanding and always try to have a positive state of mind. I'm a loving partner to my SO and dedicated to him.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search