Question about public school.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree193Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2013, 07:34 AM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I'm not going to get into the subject of the other part to this, but as a personal belief of same sex gender and I quote : "How many more have to be born before we realize that maybe God wants them here." Just saying...

But personally I agree that this should not be the school's responsibility to teach the students, it's the parents. I believe in the basics of sex-ed, I was taught that and it even if we had, it's still the parents' job to also inform the children about that way of life. We can choose to not expose our children to certain things, but we cannot ignore the fact that eventually our children WILL step out into the world on their own one day. I consider homeschooling, but reasons like this are not why I'd do it, I think there's more important underlying issues about school education. You can choose to not to send your kid to school, but you also can't shield your children forever.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!
April 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that stuff. Seriously. That's a Massachusetts organization it looks like (never heard of it though) and the high school that I went to was in MA. The sex ed class was taught by a gay rights group and I am pretty sure they passed around butt plugs and dildos for us all to feel as well as tips on gay sex. There was definitely a lot of really graphic exchange during the class. I skimmed that article and it is over the top, but my experience in a MA high school wasn't too far from that.
April 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
In public schools? That, in my opinion, is taking it WAY too far. Teaching kids the basics about sex, STDs, contraception, etc. is fine with me (as long as the parents are notified beforehand and can opt out), but that is crossing every line of decency.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Yes, I am not exaggerating. I think there are some radical sex ed/pro equality groups that give all sex education a bad name, which is clearly happening in this situation.
KMH and babymama10 like this.
April 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kristen, that is nuts! I would be pusses if a school tried to teach Sean those things!

To be fair to schools, there are a lot of things schools are being asked to teach that I think should be on parents instead. We were expected to teach about the dangers of walking on frozen ponds and lakes, wearing bike helmets, table manners. Too many parents want to just be their kids' friend these days and expect schools to take up the slack.
LoverlyJules likes this.

April 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kristen!!! HOLY SHHHHHHHHHHHHH that's insane. I'd be so mad as a parent.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
April 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Kristen, that is nuts! I would be pusses if a school tried to teach Sean those things!

To be fair to schools, there are a lot of things schools are being asked to teach that I think should be on parents instead. We were expected to teach about the dangers of walking on frozen ponds and lakes, wearing bike helmets, table manners. Too many parents want to just be their kids' friend these days and expect schools to take up the slack.
I had to do workshops for my parents about crossing the street safely with their children...really???
LoverlyJules and Belita like this.

April 25th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not read everything , but the parts I read this is the very same exact reason why i'm not 100% catholic-christian and why I don't follow the bible as closely. I believe in God, I go to church, I pray, I do a lot of stuff.... .but this irght here is insane. I know she deleted her account, but there's NO way her gay friends would accept her in that matter, when she DOESNT accept her children of possibly being "gay" later in life.

This post is actually very bothersome.....

I mean, you would consider it racists if someone talked bad about your family when you married a bi-racial man, but if someone talks about homosexuality you would consider it's non-existent.

Also, Turning this thread into a religious debate was also wrong too. I never EVER put on a forum, at work or anywhere ... Politics, Religion and sexuality, for this VERY same reason.

April 26th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
I just wanted to add that I do not want to argue with anyone. I understand that we all have differing opinions. The reason I posted this question was to help me decide if I should send my kids to public school, next year, or continue homeschooling.

I obviously have the right decide what my children are exposed to, and I do not want them told it is okay. This does not make me a homophobe. My uncle is gay and I love him. We get along very well. He knows what we believe. We are still family.

My concern is that Christians are the ones who are going to be discriminated against next. Well, Christians are always persecuted, but in this country it hasn't been so bad. I think it's going to be, soon. The second certain individuals hear what I believe, I am immediately labeled as an ignorant, uneducated, bigot. That is so far from the truth. I am very educated, and come from a very educated family. We are not bigots (that would be impossible), nor are we ignorant. Christians are starting to be told that their rights do not matter. Our rights to not have our children force fed differing beliefs are now being dismissed. We should not be forced to accept something against our religion. I've been mistreated and insulted because of my religion quite a bit, lately. The people who are crying for equal rights are trying to take rights away from Christians. They are the ones mistreating people!

I so agree! This is the world in which we live though. Be prepared. I may think about homeschooling too!

April 26th, 2013, 03:44 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gotta love a child's perspective ...

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

April 26th, 2013, 03:54 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Love it!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting it Jessica.
LoverlyJules likes this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
April 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
As I said above, there is a difference between ceremonial and moral laws. You have mixed the two of them up in that list. I follow the moral laws (although I am not perfect, and if I mess up, I repent). The ceremonial laws were done away with when Jesus died on the cross. I hope that clarifies. So many people make these arguments without truly studying the Bible.

)
So many people do this. Have no understanding of how to study the bible. Different instructions were dispensed to different people at different times. God wasn't confused. Ever wonder why Adam and Eve were told only to eat herb bearing seeds but Moses was instructed to abstain from certain foods like swine? In the New Testament, Paul the Apostle instructed those to eat anything with prayer and thanksgiving. We don't have to follow certain laws that were in the Old Testament. That was for the nation of Israel. Some are interdispensational such as killing, stealing, etc. You have to actually read the Word and know how to study it and not just parrot things heard by others for years. Also, God hates the sin, not the sinner. If you have trusted in Jesus as payment for sin debt (side note: no sin is greater than another), you won't go to hell. I won't be teaching my son to hate saying gays are going to hell. He'll be taught that any sin not forgiven by accepting Jesus' death on the cross is punishable in hell. Period. I'm not teaching him to hate murderers, child molesters, thieves, anyone. There are adults who have a special love for children. They think it's hateful to say what they do is wrong. My son will simply know they Jesus died for all sin. At the end of the day, I think it's a matter of what you think is appropriate for your home. I agree with the OP completely. As long as no one is purposely and blatantly disrespectful, it's just a discussion and a matter of personal belief.

April 27th, 2013, 02:47 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes

April 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Yowza!! Slightly uncalled for and over the top. If you really stand behind that statement.... Well. Indeed shocking!
zubeldia, LoverlyJules and cuatx like this.

April 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Super Mommy
My point in saying that was, with Christianity, neither is okay. Both are forbidden. Someone who feels they should be able to love a child is worse than you? Judgmental... Yes. I never said homosexuals are evil, horrid, terrible, people. THAT, is judgment. I am only stating what my bible teaches. You place yourself above a person who wants to love a child. A man 37 who wants to be with a 12 year old in your opinion is a child molester and immoral, right? Well, that's the way Christianity views homosexuality. No one here made it up. It's what some of us believe. If you don't, we'll, that's you.

April 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
cuatx likes this.

Melissa & DH

April 27th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Yowza!! Slightly uncalled for and over the top. If you really stand behind that statement.... Well. Indeed shocking!
Your opinion... And I 1000% stand behind anything I've said.

April 27th, 2013, 06:44 PM
W T F IS GOING ON HERE?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm in total shock. If that Christianity?", you can have it!! No thanks, not for me.

April 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstxmommy View Post
There are adults who have a special love for children.
"Special love?" It is called rape. Sexual abuse. Child molestation. There is nothing special or loving about an adult violating a child.
doremi, LoverlyJules and JillMama like this.

Melissa & DH

April 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
"Special love?" It is called rape. Sexual abuse. Child molestation. There is nothing special or loving about an adult violating a child.
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NO words. I'm seriously ill that someone would call it that!!!!!
LoverlyJules likes this.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search