Working mama check in

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 2 Post By cincy1luv
  • 5 Post By marybethsmom
  • 3 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 3 Post By yashobo
  • 4 Post By JillMama
  • 2 Post By marybethsmom
  • 2 Post By mandattu_02
  • 1 Post By Mollyjayne
  • 2 Post By SabrinaH
  • 1 Post By ellinj0206

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
How is work going these days? How long are you away from your kiddo? Is baby having a good time away from you? Anything exciting happening at work?
April 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Work is good!! Everyone I work with is fun but you know you always have someone who is not! ha! lol!

I drop Adrianna off at 7:10am and pick her up about 4:22. This is Monday thru Friday.

She really enjoys it and the sitter only has 4 kids and only 2 of them are full time so she really likes to take it all in and have fun! I drop her off in the morning and she is happy as ever!! Which this makes it alot easier leaving her because I know her sitter does so much fun stuff through the day! She gives me a sheet daily of everything that went on.

Nothing really knew at work! We do have a food day tomorrow so those are always fun!!
LoverlyJules and jlstebbins like this.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Work is going well, I love my job. On MWF, I take Meghan to my parents house. I drop her off around 8:30, & they bring her to me at my office @ 4:30. Most days I go see her at lunch, so that's nice. My parents spoil her rotten. she has been so theraputic for my dad, they have a very special bond.

On T, Th she goes to daycare right by my office. I drop her off around 8:20 & pick her up around 4:30. She's only been a few times, and seems to like it. It's the same daycare my older dd went to for four years & it was wonderful.

April 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Work is alright. My students have spring fever and so do I!!! 6 weeks til summer!!

Madalyn stays with my mom during the day. I drop her off at about 6:15am and I get back to my mom's by 4:00pm. It's a long day, but I know she's well taken care of. My mom sends me pics of Madalyn on my phone so that helps. Madalyn loves being with Grandma.

April 24th, 2013, 01:23 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Work is going great. However, great changes are ahead of us. My mom leaves at the end of May so Luyando will have to go to childcare. I had spoken to a center in January and was told they don't have a waitlist and they had spaces then and to check back 6 weeks before I need care. Contacted them this monday and they are full with no signs of vacancy any time soon. It is close to dd1 school was why we picked it. Have spent all week calling centers in our area and all are full and can't really tell you whether there will be a vacancy for June. I will have to start looking out of our area soon. I wish I knew this center was going to let me down so that I could have gotten on other waitlist earlier on. Oh well, something always works out. Not looking forward to her going to a center though. Really praying we find a carer we can connect with.

Sisters, friends forever
April 24th, 2013, 07:23 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my job, and I love bringing money home to the family, I have worked since I was 16 HOWEVER I totally get the desire to be a stay at home mom now, I never understood until I had Jett =)

Daycare is OK it's better now that Jett can sit up and I know he's not just laying around under play mats and on boppys all day. I'll feel much better about it when he can crawl and I know he'll be in the room next door I like that teacher better.

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
April 24th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you Jill. The girl that was MB's teacher and that is our only baby-sitter is going to be Meghan's teacher over the summer. I tried to get her to nanny for me over the summer, but as long as she'll be in Meghan's class, I'm ok with that!
cincy1luv and JillMama like this.

April 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I stopped doing OT, and when I am ready to do OT again i'll come back up. But I'm overly exhausted even when I go to bed early. I stopped my PPD pills but.... idk if i should go back on them. But I'm doing alright.

April 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
mandattu_02's Avatar Mom to 2 beautiful babies
Work is....work! I work with all women and there is way too much drama, but the pay is great and they are really flexible with my schedule, so I'll just suck it up & stay put for now. Our company does all of the chart reviews for the World Trade Center cancer patients from 9/11 & so I have been super busy & stressed lately. It makes the day go by fast, but I go home needing a serious drink at the end of most days.

The kiddies go to daycare at 7am and I pick them up around 4:30-4:45p. Its a long day and I miss them so much during the day, but I know they have a good time at school and I LOVE their teachers, so that makes it easier. Madilyn's teacher is also our sitter and she sends me pics and updates throughout the day. Ryan has been making it difficult with drop-offs going to school, in that he screams and throws a tantrum when it's time for me to leave, but within a minute he's calmed down & playing.
LoverlyJules and cincy1luv like this.

**Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!**

April 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I love my job, but I miss my baby. If it turns out I'm pg I might start my own home daycare. I've been in early education for 14 years and I have a degree so I'm more than qualified its just getting clients that's the tricky part
cincy1luv likes this.
April 27th, 2013, 07:49 AM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Work is work! I feel like it is time to move on so I'm slowly seeing what is out there.

I drop Scarlett off at 6 a.m. and pick her up around 3:45. It is a long day to be away from her and I hate it. I honestly don't think I could be a SAHM, but I wouldn't mind only working part time. She stays with my friend and her 2 kiddos. They do sooo much during the day and I love that she is getting all of the socialization. Plus one of her kids is exactly a year older than Scarlett so she already has a BFF!
LoverlyJules and cincy1luv like this.

April 29th, 2013, 08:06 AM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
So far, so good. Alexandra and I head to work at 8:00. I drop her off at 8:15, then walk over to my office (she's at our daycare on campus). I visit her at lunch hour and spend time with her and then pick her up between 5:15 and 5:30. She loves her teachers and little friends she has made, and I have found the adjustment not to be too bad. Things have fallen in to place and I have a pretty good system for getting things ready the night before and our morning getting ready routine is working out well. I do enjoy being back at work. Although I really miss her during the day, I do enjoy conversing with other adults and what I do for a living in my career related role....nothing can beat being a mom!
LoverlyJules likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search