Changing my BC method.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By doremi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Which would you chose?

I'm on depo now, but it's causing me a negative view of m y body where I can't lose the weight and my sex drive is zero.

I was thinking of the implant... Has anyone or does anyone they know have had it?

I can't do the IUD because I've had lots of UTI's. BC pills... i'm allergic to the main source and have to take the one that has the non hormonals in it so I don't have a stroke.

Any ideas/

April 29th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
That's tough. Maybe like a sponge and spermacide...

Maybe do more research on the implant...
April 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I'd definitely see what your doctor recommends, especially if there is an allergy involved. What is it that you're allergic to in the pill? I know there a a bunch of different kinds out there now. Have you looked into the nuvaring, or the patch?

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

April 29th, 2013, 06:55 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What exactly is it that you're allergic to? A pill with "non hormonals" doesn't make sense to me, since all birth control pills contain hormones. Have you TALKED to your doctor about the implants? Since they go in your uterus, I don't see how UTI's would be impacted, but I'm no physician. If you CAN have an implant, I would look into the Paragard since it is hormone free. You could also look into the patch, or natural family planning with condom usage during your fertile times.
Pageturner and cuatx like this.

April 29th, 2013, 09:45 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Doh, totally meant to say IUD, not implant in my post above Cuatx is right, the implants go in your arm, and I have not known a single person who had a good experience with them.
cuatx likes this.

April 29th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't take the normal BC pills, I can only take Jovette (sp). I forget the actual stuff thats not in it...

I was just always told I can't get an IUD but i never asked about a copper one, i'll have to ask..... I know of one person who had the implant, but didnt have any issues with it, i just hated that I could feel it on her arm than anything.

April 30th, 2013, 03:36 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah definitely do some research and talk to your doctor. It's difficult to suggest anything since you are not sure what you are allergic to. I am on mirena and haven't had any problems. Have lost all my pregnancy weight and back to the weight I was when I got pregnant with dd1 (I was not able to get back to that weight after I had her) and have enough sex drive when I am not worn out by lack of sleep. I have also used the patch and nuvaring in the past and had no problem with them.

Sisters, friends forever
April 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I used the patch before having dd1 with no side effects whatsoever. After getting back on it, I had terrible mood swings, hot flashes, etc. A lot of doctors won't prescribe it if you've never been on it b/c it supposedly has a higher risk of strokes/bloodclots.

I used nuvaring as well and it was fine. My one complain (and this is tmi) is that I have really long periods. It would be time to put the ring back in b/f I was finished so then I'd be walking around with a ring and a tampon in...very uncomfortable. But if your period is less than 7 days, I think it'd be fine!

April 30th, 2013, 08:23 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Jolivette is the mini-pill (progestin only). The implant (Implanon) does not contain estrogen, so you might be able to use it. However like the other ladies, I have not heard very good things about it at all

I'd definitely talk to your doc and see what he/she recommends. There are lots of choices out there; hopefully you can find one that works great for you!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

April 30th, 2013, 09:17 AM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Jolivette is the low dose birth control. Thats what Im on. Its recommened for breastfeeding Mommas. But its not as effective if your not breastfeeding. So thats a bit risky i would think if you dont want to get pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search