Log In Sign Up

Guidance, help, suggestions, anything! :(


Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Zukin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
May 9th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 17
Hey ladies.. so I'm in quite the predicament and don't know what to do.

My bf of 5 years and I have a 6 month old child. I am originally from Hawaii and all my friends/family are back home. Recently I was offered a job in Hawaii and I don't know if I should take it. Everyone tells me I am dumb for turning it down... I need help!

The job is good, especially for Hawaii. I would be making 10K less a year, but would not have to pay rent. Just daycare and my student loan. Here I make good money but majority of it goes to the cost of living (rent, utilities, daycare, etc). I am the primary breadwinner, so I pay for the practically everything. I love my job here, but there isn't much room for growth. In Hawaii, there is.

My relationship with my bf is rough right now. Originally, we planned on moving to Hawaii (I would move first and he would follow later)... then the fighting began. We were just about to break up when I received the job offer. And he received a job offer at the same time, to start in a couple of months. Although we were about to break up, we decided to give it one last shot... and if another fight happens, we call it quits.

Here I have no family support, no friends.... Hawaii I would have the help. My head says take the job, but my heart isn't ready to let go of him..

Now I am completely unsure what to do... start a new life in Hawaii with my son (with my son's dad visiting every 2-3 months) or give our relationship another shot, losing that good job offer??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
May 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 1,732
Honestly, I would give the job offer a shot, I realize that a relationship and having a father in his life 24/7, but giving a shot for better benefits, income and help back at home is better. If he can't understand that, then you have your answer. Didn't he say he was going to move before the fighting began? If he was true to his word, he wouldn't have a issue with you moving to HI, to better your family.
__________________
Thank you *Sharon* for the siggy
http://facebook.com/strousephotog2 - My photography Page (Panhandle FL)
http://freshfrogs.wix.com/freshfrog - My Laundry Detergent Business


Reply With Quote
  #3  
May 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 533
^^ I agree... Good advice. Good luck!
__________________
Missing my little sleeping angel ~ October 17th, 2011 ~ we love you Mychael!












Reply With Quote
  #4  
May 10th, 2013, 10:25 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 358
I agree with the others. If you decide to not take the job offer and your relationship does take a turn for the worse you will be out a boyfriend, the job offer will more than likely be gone and you will be where you are with your family living and friends in HI. Plus like you said, you will be saving money by not having to pay rent if you take the job offer in Hawaii. Taking the job offer would be best for you and your son and that should be top priority for you . If your bf wants to be with you this shouldn't change anything.
__________________








Reply With Quote
  #5  
May 11th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,105
I agree with the others. It sounds like the best thing is to take the job in Hawaii.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
May 12th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Pageturner
Guest
Posts: n/a
I agree. Your BF sounds like not really a sure thing...so do what's best for you and baby.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
July 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 1,732
I'm wondering what the update is, and how are you and baby?
__________________
Thank you *Sharon* for the siggy
http://facebook.com/strousephotog2 - My photography Page (Panhandle FL)
http://freshfrogs.wix.com/freshfrog - My Laundry Detergent Business


Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0