weight gain.........

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know it's Mother's day and I 'm suppose to be happy, but I'm a little sad. until Tuesday, i'm still stuck with the depo shot, I get minera and hopefully my weight gain, mood and sex drive changes. However, I just weighed myself tonight and I'm 199.0lbs. What the hell. I'm gaining more weight than I have ever had in the last 7 years of my life. Before I was pregnant, the highest I've been was 185lbs, and I lost all that and went down to 154lbs.

Most of our eatings are Chicken, port and beef. I eat 2-3 times a day. I have snacks, which I'm trying to cut back on my candy (hersheys cookies and cream), I've cut back on ice cream to nearly none at all.I hate water, unless I'm dehydrated because it tastes so bland, so I rarely drink it, but I do drink sodas. We usually by 12 - packs x2-3, and it takes me 2.5weeks or more to drink it. I get starbucks everyday, chai teas, but I did that when I was losing weight a few years ago and it didn't effect it.
We try to eat our veggies and fruits on a daily basis, and lately we have been walking to exercise but with me working late or on weekends lately have been blah.

i've been tired more lately, is this because of my weight gain? Ugh. I know today is suppose to be a good day, and I know for a fact I won't let my feelings ruin tomorrow afternoon/evening, but this makes me so depressed. I gues being in a calll center doesnt help at all.

i'm sorry thanks for letting me rant...

cross-posted dfrom fb...

May 12th, 2013, 03:37 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I can only agree. Everything you eat affects how your body performs. If you feed it crap, you can't expect it to work great. I bet you would see a big improvement just cutting back on soda. Drink one every other day and keep cutting back! They are SO terrible for you!! Maybe try replacing them with unsweetened herbal iced tea? I love iced peppermint in the summer! Or you can get some of those water flavoring things. Not as bad as soda!
Good luck.
jlstebbins and Pageturner like this.

May 12th, 2013, 04:37 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
(((Hugs))) It is definitely a challenge to healthy when you are a busy Zmama, and

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 12th, 2013, 04:50 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
(((Hugs))) It is definitely a challenge to healthy when you are a busy Mama, and after a baby your metabolism might have changed some.

Agree with the other ladies that cutting the soda and coffee and adding more veggies (you should be getting several servings of fruits and veggies every day) will help you feel better. Also you HAVE to find a way to get some water. Even being a little dehydrated can make you feel sluggish, foggy, depressed, etc. Try adding lemon or lime juice, orange slices...whatever makes it tolerable.

It can seem overwhelming, but set small goals for yourself. Just start by drinking a glass if water when you wake up! It will take effort and determination, but the results will be SO worth it

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 12th, 2013, 06:24 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I struggle with eating well too! It's hard! My downfall is candy.

I found it's easier to start with small goals with eating veggies and fruits ... Like literally one serving a day! Raw carrots, green beans, apples, bananas, and grapes work best for me.

Good luck!

May 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I struggle as well. I do do arm weights 3 days a week for 30 minutes and I walk 4 miles a day five days a week. I usually drink 32 oz of water during my walks and another throughout the day. That is probably as healthy as I get though seeing how I don't really watch what I eat, aside from pop, which I drink maybe 1-3 a week if it's in the house.

May 12th, 2013, 06:04 PM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Definitely up your water! If it is blah then add Mio or Dasani drops. It will make it taste like Kool-aid but without the sugar. Sometimes weight gain is hormonal. Your carb and sugar intake will affect this so try cutting back or completely elimnating it for awhile. Too much sugar/carbs will bring your energy level way down. Remember things like yogurt and milk have carbs and lots of them! Up your protein and veggies too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search