KMH

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2013, 12:09 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Hey Melissa!
I was wondering if you could help us out.. We need to get a convertible seat very soon and we just can't make up our mind. The problem is, I drive a honda element and the rear seats are recessed very far back, so that the side door panel is in front of them.
Hard to explain, but basically it makes it nearly impossible to lift a child into a convertible seat from their side-- I think I will have to climb through the driver side to put her into the passenger side seat.
We were looking at the britax marathon and then I remembered the radian rxt that you were talking about. That's the one you have for the twins, right?
I started reading more about it and found that it reclines! So I was wondering if you have a smart phone and if so, would you be willing to take a quick video and text it to me?? I want to see how far back the back rest reclines because we are thinking that maybe, if it reclines enough, I could lift her in on the side that her seat is in!
Anyway, it would be awesome if you were willing to do that (if this is actually the seat you have; I wasn't 100% sure).
I'll pm you my cell number! Thanks.

May 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I can definitely do this for you later this afternoon!
bryan and nina and babymama10 like this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

May 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Some more info about the Element and RF seats:

Convertible Car Seats in Element - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
The Solomon Method to RF'ing in an Element - Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
RF tether in Element. (lots of Pics) - Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums

Melissa & DH

May 27th, 2013, 02:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I didn't do a video because DH was using the leaf blower If a video would help, I can do one!

It takes about 31" of room from the very front part to the back of the top.

With the Radian you can have the Radian touching the front seat but ONLY if your vehicle allows it (our minivan does not, the Toyota SUVs we have do allow it).

Here is the Radian with the angle adjuster wedge...makes the seat a little more upright later when the child is older. It is great for giving the person in front of the seat a little more leg room:

Don't know if a First Years True Fit would work? It has a removeable headrest (Abigail doesn't need it right now...she is too short and doesn't weigh 22 lbs yet) to make it shorter for RFing and we really like the seat. I got mine at Walmart for $150, and we really like the seat.

bryan and nina likes this.

Melissa & DH

May 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks! I'll let DH look and let you know if he still needs a video. I greatly appreciate it!

May 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
No problem

Melissa & DH

May 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I think we're good on the video. Thanks!

My head is just spinning. I've been reading and reading; the links you posted and others that I found when I googled rf-ing car seats for Honda elements. Sounds like it's gonna suck regardless of what we get. I will have to climb in either through the front and put her in, or through the rear driver side (she's in the passenger side).
We're now talking about what we would trade the element in for when I get pregnant again. I am SO attached to that car but it only has 4 seats. And it's obviously very difficult to rf in it!
I nanny 2 girls so there's no extra room for another baby.... So it's in the foreseeable future that we have to upgrade. Sigh.
Thanks for your help Melissa!!! Looks like we will get the radian.

May 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yay! Glad to help you figure it out!

I hear you, Nina...I loved my old SUV and thought I'd drive it until the wheels fell off. I swore I'd never sell it, and even if I did I'd NEVER get a minivan. Oh how the times have changed. Logically if you look at mileage, passenger room, cargo space, seating configurations, etc. it was the best thing for us to do, but it still makes me a little sad.

You'll have to post pics when you get Emmy's new seat!

Melissa & DH

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search