aunts and uncles

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SLP83

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 08:02 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Do your kids have aunts and uncles? What is their relationship like? If they live close, how often do they see your child or children? If distance is a factor, do they do anything to build the relationship?

Were you close to your aunts and uncles?
May 29th, 2013, 08:24 AM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My brothers live close, they love our kids. DH has a sister that lives close that we see pretty often too, his brother lives in TN where he's from but is coming to visit today!!

I had a good relationship with my dad's 1/2 brother, we're pretty close and he walked me down the isle at my wedding =)

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long
May 29th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
No aunts or uncles from my side but Jonah has two aunts and one uncle from hubby's side. They all live in Texas

May 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Pageturner
I have one sister, we see her every few weeks. She lives about an hour away. DH has three half siblings he doesn't see very often. They live up north. Michael will meet at least one of them when we go up there this upcoming week.

I have one aunt on my moms side and three uncles and an aunt on my dads side, plus 2 other aunts on that side who passed away a long time ago. I was always pretty close with all of them, not as close with 2 of my uncles now as I hardly ever see them.

Last edited by Pageturner; May 29th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
May 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. We are all pretty close. Connor really likes all his aunts and uncles.

I had aunts and uncles but wasnt close to any of them. They were all on the odd side. My Mom and Dad were the only siblings that turned out normal on both there sides. lol.

May 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
We have no one!!! No aunts,uncles, and and one set of grandparents that are not into children.. It sucks bigtime..
May 29th, 2013, 05:44 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an only child, so none on my side. DH has a twin brother, 2 older sisters, and an older brother. Most of his family is about 1 1/2 hours from us. We see them about once every 2 months.

May 29th, 2013, 08:31 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
They have an uncle on my side that they see maybe once or twice a month. On DH's side they have 1 uncle and 2 aunts. They see the younger aunt every other week, don't see the uncle because he isn't a very good influence (drinks, drugs..), the older aunt has a crappy bf so they don't go around them either.

May 29th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sean has 1 aunt from my side and 2 uncles (my sister, brother, and BIL). We see them a couple of times per month. Sean has 1 aunt (BIL's fiancée) and 1 uncle (BIL) from DH. We see them every other month or so. BIL isn't very comfortable with babies, but he does try. Everyone else just dotes on Sean and adores him!

I have 1 aunt from my mom's side. 2 uncles and 2 aunts from my dad's side. We've been much closer with my dad's side of the family growing up. Right now we just see them once per year, though we chat on FB. My aunt on my mom's side was estranged for a while but they are trying to be closer to us now. We used to see them once a year but they try to schedule visits to come see Sean more often.

May 30th, 2013, 11:41 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kevin and I are both only children, so no aunts and uncles

Big bummer, I grew up with lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins so I'm sad that Nora won't have the same. Because of that reason, we have decided that we want to try for at least 3 kids so that they at least have each other as they grow up.
Pageturner and babymama10 like this.
May 31st, 2013, 12:31 AM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP83 View Post
Kevin and I are both only children, so no aunts and uncles

Big bummer, I grew up with lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins so I'm sad that Nora won't have the same. Because of that reason, we have decided that we want to try for at least 3 kids so that they at least have each other as they grow up.
YUP....Thats what we did with our children. I have three grandbabies and even though I still have little children besides the grown up ones my little kids are the BEST loving,caring,kind, and protective aunts and uncles to their nieces and nephews. My older children love it and use their siblings as babysitters and playmates for their own children. LOL
In a few short years our family is gonna be massive.
May 31st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This is actually a very sad subject for me.

I have a brother who lives in Texas. He doesn't have much contact with any of us. He has seen Rylynn a couple of time and Raylee only once. He has never meet Reed. It really hurts me that he won't be involved in our lives.

David has a sister and BIL that live in NC that haven't meet Reed either. We don't see them often. So my kids don't really know their Aunts and Uncles. It stinks because I grew up in the same town as my family and I was really close to all of my Aunts and Uncles.

May 31st, 2013, 06:39 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I'm sorry to hear that. do you have a strained relationship with your brother?

My siblings all live in Germany. I have one full sister, one half brother that I'm very close with (same mom), then I have a half brother and a half sister (same dad) that I'm not terribly close with.
Bryan has a half sister and she's very close to Emmy, thank goodness!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search