June Chit Chat Thread

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It's June. Can you believe it?! Chat away.

My 5 year old has his first loose tooth. So cute. It's at the really wiggly point where he is scared to eat much and checks after each bite to make sure he hasn't swallowed it. He graduates from pre-k tomorrow. Crazy!

I am either sick or having terrible seasonal allergies this week. So sneezy and itchy and my head hurts.
June 4th, 2013, 03:42 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have bad allergies right now too! Taking flonase nose spray has helped a bit, but I'm still pretty miserable!

June 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not missing the allergy season. It's 'winter' here but it's 70s most days. Love the weather. It cools down to 50s at night though.

Sisters, friends forever
June 4th, 2013, 05:35 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I woke up in the middle of the night with a sneezy, sniffly nose too. I can't stand allergies. They are such a downer.

I'm going to the two girls' (that I watch) school in an hour because the younger one has a butterfly release today and she wanted me to come. it's only an hour. Then I have to jet back home, feed Emmy, hopefully she will take a little nap and then we need to go to the post office for a passport appointment. From there, back to the school to pick up the girls. Phew. It will be a busy day!
Then tomorrow I am picking the girls up early since it's their last day of school and it's a half day. So that will be a long day for Emmy and I too. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can take the girls to the pool.
Yetty, can't believe it's 70 in the winter!! Lol

June 4th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never had allergies in the past and even I have been suffering the last month! MB started summer camp yesterday at the same place Meghan goes to daycare on MWF, so its nice to finally have them together. My parents are watching them T/TH. Having a baby shower for my bff on Sunday, so busy getting ready for that!

June 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
My allergies are finally better... I was miserable!

Kids are in school (after being homeschooled).

Elijah is a fun, extremely cuddly baby (which is so cute). He isn't crawling, yet, but he's about there. He knows how to get around without crawling, so he's in no hurry.

Last edited by Jinnah; June 4th, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
June 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Pickle's top tooth came in!!! It's so cute. The kids last day of school was May 23rd. They are a little crabby because all the bad weather has left them stuck inside more often than not.

I can't believe my oldest is going to be a Freshman!!!! *cry*

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
June 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Yay for teeth!! We are still completely toothless!

Emmy doesn't crawl either but gets around just fine! I can't turn my back for longer than a minute if she's on the floor! Lucky you that Elijah is cuddle. Emmy wants to go, go, go when she's awake! When she's sleepy, that's when she's all about cuddling.

Ashley, a baby shower sounds fun!! And I bet the girls enjoy being in the same daycare. How sweet.
Jinnah likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Nina, are you still breastfeeding? Enjoy the toothless stage while you can! Elijah bit me, yesterday! He had done it one other time, but it's been awhile, so I was surprised.
June 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Yes, I am!

I'm sorry you got bit. did he draw blood? How do you chose to discourage/discipline that, or do you just ignore?

June 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
Yes, I am!

I'm sorry you got bit. did he draw blood? How do you chose to discourage/discipline that, or do you just ignore?
Luckily, he did not draw blood. I just break the "suction" (really bite) with my finger and say, "No biting." He just grins and goes back to eating or decides to play. I think it happens when he doesn't really want to eat.
June 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I read that! I guess you're supposed to really pay close attention and detach them as soon as they are done actively nursing... Which sucks for us since I still let Emmy fall asleep nursing.
Hopefully he won't bite you again!!
Jinnah likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan and nina View Post
I read that! I guess you're supposed to really pay close attention and detach them as soon as they are done actively nursing... Which sucks for us since I still let Emmy fall asleep nursing.
Hopefully he won't bite you again!!
He hasn't done it while falling asleep, so I think we are good there. He probably just wanted to play and thought that was the easiest way to unattach.
June 5th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I'm really scared to get bit..thankfully Jonah is all gums still!! Kids have two weeks left of school. Seems like everyone else is already on summer break though. My daughter will be a senior...where did the time go?? I know most of you know but for those who don't know...my hubby came home from deployment last Friday!! It's been great and Jonah is sooooooo attached to his daddy!!
Jinnah likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 04:20 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luyando has had 2 teeth for a while now and, surprisingly, doesn't bite my nipple. I was surprised because she used to gum me before she had teeth. However, this morning she thought it was fun to just grab and pull at my nipple. So not funny.

Nina, do you get to watch the girls over the summer? Was wondering how that would work out for you.

Erin, so glad your dh is home and Jonah is a dad's boy. Enjoy the time together.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
June 6th, 2013, 04:49 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Erin, so glad your dh is home. How nice!
June 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Thanks for asking Yetty. yes I will be watching them in the summer. They are going to the YMCA for camps so I will pick them up in the afternoons, about the same time that we have been (3:00 instead of 2:30), so not much will change.

I'm so thrilled; our road will be shut down all summer!! we live on a pretty busy country road and on the bottom of our hill, there's a bridge, which they will be widening. It's exciting because people use our road as a cut-through and most don't heed the 45 mph speed limit so they fly down the road. It will be nice going to check the mail (we have to cross the road) and not having to worry about getting run over. Lol. There's only 2 houses past ours before the bridge, so there should hardly be any traffic!

June 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Nina, have you babysat older kids before? Are you happy with your job? What do they think of Emmy?
June 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I actually have baby sat older kids before although not quite as old as the 10 year old, and not on a regular basis.
I do like it (and them!) a lot, although there are challenges as well. But I think every age group comes with it's own challenges! these two are at a tough age; they want to be independent yet still need a lot of help!
At the same time, they are a lot of fun to be around and they can be very thoughtful ad helpful, especially when it comes to Emmy! They love each other!! The girls like to put on music and dance for Emmy, which she in turn loves. She typically will start squealing and kicking her legs (usually she's in the ergo while I'm with the girls). It's really cute.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search