Summertime Fun

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jlstebbins
  • 1 Post By Lav
  • 1 Post By Summerdays12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 10:39 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Now that it's almost summertime, what are your plans? Are the older ds still in school or already out?

My dc have always been homeschooled (except for oldest ds who went to kindergarten). They decided they wanted to try out public school, so we let them. They are loving it. It's so quiet around here with just me and Elijah! The last day is on Thursday, so it won't be quiet for long.

I'm going to go to a school supply store to get some workbooks. It gets really hot here during the day, so they can work on those when it's too hot to go outside.

We don't really have much planned!
June 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Hi, Its so good to hear from you
We homeschool to and will be doing a bit this summer because this was such a busy year and because always have so much review to do in the fall from the children forgetting EVERYTHING. LOL We are going to do a lot of swimming and a some studies here and there.Otherwise no big plans for summer...
June 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I hear ya! Kids forget a lot over the summer!

I wish I had some big plans for the summer (like I normally do), but we'll be taking it easy this year. We normally visit our families in California, but Elijah is so young that I don't want to.
June 4th, 2013, 03:13 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
GLAD YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer plans include Waterparks, Theme Parks, STL. Cardinals games, Church camp, and swimming!!! No long vacations this summer! Just short ones.
Jinnah likes this.

June 4th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always wondered: how do homeschooled kids get social with other children? How do you go about that?

not much planned for summer. we lack money to go anywhere, so it'll probably be mostly at home fun and beaches, if we can afford the beach sticker--really, locals shouldn't have to pay for it pfffff!
Jinnah likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
June 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstebbins View Post
GLAD YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer plans include Waterparks, Theme Parks, STL. Cardinals games, Church camp, and swimming!!! No long vacations this summer! Just short ones.
Me too, and sounds fun!! I'll have to come up with at least one short one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lav View Post
I've always wondered: how do homeschooled kids get social with other children? How do you go about that?

not much planned for summer. we lack money to go anywhere, so it'll probably be mostly at home fun and beaches, if we can afford the beach sticker--really, locals shouldn't have to pay for it pfffff!
Most homeschoolers (that I know) are really good about this. Homeschooled kids are usually socialized by playing with neighbors, joining sports teams, music classes, etc.

We were kinda lacking in that area, which is why we said yes when they asked to go to public school. My kids play with neighbors, a lot, but I felt like they needed a little more for now.
June 4th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
The big kids have two weeks left! They will be super busy this summer though. My daughter is taking two classes to get a head start on next school year. She will be a senior and has plans to finish early. My son is in junior varsity football at the high school and will have practice every single day! We will be vacationing to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe
Jinnah likes this.

June 5th, 2013, 06:41 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
The big kids have two weeks left! They will be super busy this summer though. My daughter is taking two classes to get a head start on next school year. She will be a senior and has plans to finish early. My son is in junior varsity football at the high school and will have practice every single day! We will be vacationing to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe
DH and I married in South Lake Tahoe. Wish we could visit!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search