outside

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mich05's Avatar Veteran
Mathieu really likes to eat grass..... but he also loves being outside as does Annie, our 3 year old. I am really struggling on how to best be outside when i am alone with the two of them. Mathieu is not crawling but he is rolling EVERYWHERE, will not stay on a blanket, if i put him sitting he just goes on his belly and rolls with the end goal of eating grass. so i put him in a stroller, but then he wants to go for walk, i have brought the play pen outside but that is a lot of work to do it 3 or 4 times a day. he loves outside, if he is grumpy and we go out his mood almost always changes, but he is either in my arms or in a stroller and i would like to find a way to let him play.
Anybody have any ideas?? my daughter was born in march so her first summer she didn't move and she was walking by her second summer. what do you guys do with your little ones when you are outside?
June 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
OMGosh, that is so funny! I don't even know what to tell you! I think it's great that you spend so much time outdoor, though. We need to start doing that. I'm going to make an effort.
June 5th, 2013, 07:32 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
This is such a hard stage, IMO!! They want to be on the ground and be independent but get into so much trouble!! I wear my daughter a lot. Either a ring sling or the ergo are our go-to carriers. Maybe you could try that?

June 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I am outside pretty much most of the day because I have 5 and 3 year old boys. I hold her most of the time. It's tiring, but so be it. If I need to put her down for some reason I use the bumbo. She can still reach the grass though, but I am not as worried about grass as I am about the sand and rocks at the beach and pond. Taking her there is REALLY hard. She wants to touch it all so badly but everything goes in the mouth.
June 6th, 2013, 04:44 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luyando loves being outside but for now she is content in her stroller. Everything ends up in her mouth so I don't think she'll be going on the ground any time soon. Do you have any concrete area outside; that way you can be outside but not where he can reach grass? It's amazing all the things they put in their mouth.

Sisters, friends forever
June 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mich05's Avatar Veteran
yes! everything in his mouth, my daughter wasn't like that. oh she put stuff in her mouth but with him it is absolutely everything!!
i do wear him some (and love it), but he really likes his freedom especially lately. it also got me into a pickle one day when we were out for a walk with my daughter and she took a big tantrum and i couldn't pick her up... so now i am nervous to wear him if i am lone with the two of them away from home. funny you mentioned it because i barely ever used my baby carrier with my daughter and i feel like i really missed out i use it a lot (although less lately) with Mathieu and i LOVE IT!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search