What was I thinking?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 05:25 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or was I thinking? I don't know why I thought a 3-hour whale-watching cruise was a good idea. Anyway, maybe it might have been without choppy waters. The water was so choppy on saturday that the 3 hours couldn't finish quickly enough for most of the passengers; Luyando and dd1 both were seasick along with more than half of people on board. I felt so bad for not thinking of the possibility of seasickness. They both slept after throwing up and have been fine since then but makes me feel a bit guilty for not envisaging that scenario. Have you done anything with your dc(s) that the outcome has been less than desired? Any guilty mom feelings?

Sisters, friends forever
June 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Aw, I'm sorry it wasn't as fun as you thought it would be I am glad that everyone is feeling better now!
yashobo likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

June 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, I would've thought that would have been cool too! Sorry it didn't quite work out. We went to the birthday party for a friend's daughter a few months ago and Madalyn had a freak out! It was pretty stressful. I knew it might happen though because she had to miss her afternoon nap to attend!
yashobo likes this.

June 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Aww, I'm so sorry that happened. *hugs*
yashobo likes this.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
June 23rd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Aaaaw, poor Madalyn. Sorry party wasn't fun for her. We are just slowly getting past where our outings revolved around Luyando's nap. She is more agreeable now to nap in the car, on my back, or in her stroller even with activities around her; didn't use to be like that.

Seeing the whales themselves was awesome but not as much fun when both kids were seasick. DD1 was the worst because she had just eaten some cookies and drank a lot of the tea they gave us on board. Luyando's also must have been because she had her milk. She woke up from an hour of sleep, threw up and went back to sleep for another hour. Poor babies. Funny thing was the company were offering 45% coupon at the end of the trip and I doubt if anyone who was on that day will be taking them up on the offer.
LoverlyJules likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
June 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BTW - Cute new pic of the girls!
yashobo likes this.

June 23rd, 2013, 07:35 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
uh oh! we go every year and i was thinking of going this month. i better bring some medicine just incase. i'm sorry that happened!!
yashobo likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Kristen: so do your boys get seasick? We've only been on calm waters for an hour max. I have wanted to do a cruise but haven't gotten around to it but this sort of made me think twice about it. Do your sons enjoy it? Is it better with bigger ships? The one we were on was just a 24 meter catamaran.

Sisters, friends forever
June 25th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That stinks! We went to the beach one day last week and that was an epic failure, but he's loved it in the past. I think he was just overtired.
yashobo likes this.

June 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
Kristen: so do your boys get seasick? We've only been on calm waters for an hour max. I have wanted to do a cruise but haven't gotten around to it but this sort of made me think twice about it. Do your sons enjoy it? Is it better with bigger ships? The one we were on was just a 24 meter catamaran.
This is the boat we usually go on, Best Whale Watching Tour in Boston Whale Watch from Gloucester, MA | 978 283-1776
my boys love it. They haven't gotten sick yet but the water was only a little choppy one time. It's a pretty long trip- around 4 hours. I did it when my second was around this age and it was fine and I never really considered the possibility of sea sickness. But it's definitely a possibility if the water was choppy enough. 3 sea sick kids would be a nightmare.
yashobo likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Kristen: It looks like about the same size as the one we went on. I guess we were just unlucky and chose a day when the ocean was very choppy. I felt bad for the older folks who were as sick as a dog and didn't even want to see any whales at the end of the day.Yes, 3 sick kids would be miserable. Luckily for me, they didn't get sick at the same time so it was controlled chaos. Maybe we'll try again in the future and do it in MA then

Sisters, friends forever
June 29th, 2013, 07:13 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Ooooh I'm envious! I would so love to go.

I'm sorry the babies got seasick, Yetty. that definitely puts a damper on the fun. Maybe next time you could try those pressure point bracelets? Not sure if they work or not though. Lol.
yashobo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search