What's your opinion on a board merger?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What's your opinion on a board merger?
yes 12 54.55%
no 6 27.27%
we aren't at that point yet, but let's re-evaluate in the future 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I am not real thrilled about the idea. But at the same time I am not a Facebook user so I hope everyone stays here. It does sound like it has the potential to get a bit weird with other people.
July 2nd, 2013, 07:44 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Agreed Kristen!

July 3rd, 2013, 05:58 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Well Ruby smashed my smart phone on the bathroom tile tonight and so no more mobile Facebook for me. I am actually kind of looking forward to the smart phone break.
doremi, Belita and JillMama like this.
July 3rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to remember to get on here. I much prefer being on JM, but all the action is on FB. I was in the Aug PR for a hot minute with my first pregnancy and remember liking the ladies, but don't really know any of them since I wasn't there long. I think if we all get along it could be a good thing. And I agree about the quality of posts. Plus, with the format on FB, threads can die a premature death.

July 7th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted yes because noone comes on here anymore, except for the people that won't do FB. I go on here often, but noone posts anymore..... and everyone prefers FB. So it's up to ya'll.

July 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
What happened with picking another cohost?

I'd be willing to do it; just not sure what all exactly I'd have to do. But if someone is needed, I can definitely step up!

July 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I think Jinnah applied. I don't think the admins really care about 2 cohosts for slow boards... they aren't in any hurry and they weren't when I first stepped down either.
Jinnah likes this.
July 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoncreampie View Post
I think Jinnah applied. I don't think the admins really care about 2 cohosts for slow boards... they aren't in any hurry and they weren't when I first stepped down either.
I still haven't heard anything!

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
July 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I applied when you stepped down and so did morgan, and we didnt hear crap. I think it'll be good for us to talk to the merging boards first, get to know them, before moving over....

July 9th, 2013, 10:33 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that I don't post here much but I like the idea of maybe just put in on the table but hold off awhile longer. I am trying to get back here but it maybe slow. There are a lot of moms in the September PR that are also in my April 10 and they are so amazing moms.

I also think that is still a broad range of ages at the moment. Maybe when the babies get a bit older and closer in milestones.

But that is just me.

July 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Hiya ladies, I'm from the August PR. Just wanted to say the following few things about a merger in general since there are a few concerns:

Your board here is a public board. Your private area and/or FB group are private, but anything you post on the main board here can be read by anybody. So anyone from another PR can read it and/or reply regardless of a merger. You'd still have your own FB group for private private posts. There would be no need to have a private JM group attached to a merged PR at first until people got to know each other and members felt comfortable enough to ask for one.

The idea of the merger was to maintain a group with babies born around the same time and developing similarly here on JM, for those who prefer to post here or who don't have FB at all. I understand that some mergers have gone pear-shaped in the past, but every group is different. I feel that a new merged PR would have a similar feel to a brand new DDC, some GTKY stuff would be needed to get the chat going of course, people would be aware of that.

Some people from July / August / September / October will in fact know each other from the TTC boards as would have been TTC together. For example, I recognise Robyn and Nina from this thread and also Melissa (KMH) from another board where I posted with you in the past.

It's entirely up to you guys what you do now the voting is over and if you decide to carry on alone for a bit you are always welcome to join with us in the future. Lots of love!!

July 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am curios if we are merging or not?

as lady valkyrie stated the voting is over and has been for a few days now so what is the final decision here?

July 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM
To be honest, I am sort of thinking that other people from other boards who wanted us to merge with them voted in this, throwing off the numbers. We don't have 22 active users right now that would have voted. I wish I had made this poll so that those who voted would show up.

What do you ladies think?

Do you want me to post a new poll where people can respond with a yes or no publicly? Or do we want to call this good?
July 13th, 2013, 08:48 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was also wondering about the voting ... The yes votes were winning, but more people were writing that they didn't want it ...
KMH likes this.

July 14th, 2013, 12:33 AM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
Redo the poll or keeping it is okay with me. I voted for the merge but I already post in the September forums as well since Melody was born September 27th.
July 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm not hearing any overwhelming support for a merge, so I'd say we should keep things the way they are and reevaluate in the future if necessary.
LoverlyJules likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

July 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also did vote yes but wont be offended if you all decide otherwise if you want to redo the poll so names show that may be a good way to keep any questions away.

July 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I'd say redo the poll so we can go by what the actual members of the October playroom say.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
July 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
ok, I will re-post the poll tonight after the kids go to bed, and we will only count votes from people who are active in our playroom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search