Can't stop crying... baby fell off the bed.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AltMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Around 5:45 am, Elijah woke up to eat, so I fed him and he fell asleep. I really had to go to the restroom, so I slipped out of bed and went. Before I got back, I heard a thud and a cry. I feel awful. His lip is swollen and it bled a little bit. His nose is a little red. I feel sick to my stomach. It's now 8:38 and I just cannot stop thinking about it. Elijah is so cuddly. I should have known he would notice and wake up when I left. I just thought I would be back before he noticed. I went so fast. I cannot believe I let that happen. He trusts me so much and I failed him. He just wanted me to hug him after it happened and I feel even worse because he snuggled into me after I let such a horrible thing happen. Seriously crying. I should know better... this is my fourth baby. How could I make such a stupid mistake?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.

Last edited by Jinnah; June 27th, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
June 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
HUGS!!!

I'm so sorry! We all make mommy mistakes at some point! Don't be too hard on yourself. He still trusts you and loves you very very much! He wont remember it happening! He's just glad you are cuddling him now!!

June 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww, we have all done things like that; try not to beat yourself up too much. I hope your day gets much better soon.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 27th, 2013, 01:46 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Jamison has fallen off the couch twice. They are lightening fast at this age! I have definitely learned my lesson, to not leave them even for a second. So sorry you had to go through that! It happens to the best of us.

June 27th, 2013, 07:22 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, it happens to us all. It is amazing how fast they can move when you don't expect them to. Just give lots of cuddles. Thankfully they also have a very short memory for things like that. He would have forgotten before the day is over.

Sisters, friends forever
June 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Mich05's Avatar Veteran
aww - hugs - we have all done things like that, he's ok - that's what is important!
June 27th, 2013, 11:49 PM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
Don't beat yourself up over it . Same thing happened to Melody a few days ago. I walked into the dining room to make a bottle and while I was making it I heard the same thud and cry. Ran back and picked her up and she was all smiles, felt horrible.

June 29th, 2013, 06:09 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I'm so sorry!!! I agree that he won't remember a thing and doesn't even realize it had anything to do with you. Don't beat yourself up!!

June 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Thanks, everyone. I wound up taking him to the doctor just to have him checked out... yes, I'm paranoid. She told me this happens all the time, and had even happened to her with both of her babies. She made me feel sooooo much better, and was so supportive. I absolutely love our new doctors office.

There was actually another baby (I think he was one year) there that had just fallen off of a table. Anyway, that made realize I wasn't the only one who's had something similar happen. I still feel awful, but at least I'm not crying about it anymore.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
June 30th, 2013, 03:39 PM
AltMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ares has fallen out of bed.. THREE times. I put my mattress on the floor now. This kid wakes up the second I leave the room and can crawl over/through ANYTHING! I felt so awful

You are a great mom, we all make mistakes!
Jinnah likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search