Solids

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I've asked this before, but just wanted to check in with everyone to see how it's going. How often and how much are your babies eating? Elijah prefers to have breastmilk for the most part. He happily eats his cereal with 3/4 a jar of fruit in the morning. Then he just wants BM. The rest of the time, he is not interested in eating solids. I try at lunch and dinner time and sometimes he'll eat 3/4 a jar of a veggie, but not all the time. I just sat him down for lunch a little while ago, and he didn't want to get in his high chair, so I picked him up and asked, "You don't want to eat lunch?" He shook his head no. So cute, but shouldn't he want to eat lunch? He just wanted to breastfeed and went to sleep. I'll try again at dinner time and he might eat a little.

Can someone take a look at this chart and tell me if your babies are doing anything close to this?

Feeding | Stage 3 | Beech-Nut Baby Food | Nutrition | Toddler | Home Style Difference

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
July 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just started solids with Madalyn last week. We've only tried sweet potatoes and green beans. She's been doing well, but it's still early! For now, we are just giving her a little bit at supper time ever other day or so.

July 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
My kids just recently started really chowing down...before that they didn't seem very interested and wanted to play with the food more than eat it. Just in the last couple of weeks they really WANT the food and eat a lot more. We are only doing solids twice a day, and they each eat maybe 6oz every time (hard to say because we don't use jarred food).

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
Dillon is nowhere near that chart. He eats either a piece of toast or 4oz of fruit in the mornings with a 4oz bottle, a 6oz bottle before naptime, 4oz veggie with a sippy cup of juice (1-2oz), a 6oz bottle before second nap, 4-6 oz of a fruit or veggy with a little bit of meat chopped up, and a 6oz bottle before bed. Sometimes he gets up about 3am and has another 6oz bottle.

We do let him snack here and there on his yogurt bites, puffs, or cheerios.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
July 12th, 2013, 07:54 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Elijah eats maybe a few pieces of something once every 3days-ish... thats when I have time to give him a meal and then it all depends what he wants to eat/how much/if he's able to chow it down. Because we are doing BLW, we are following his cues and right now, he is pretty much still a major boobie monster. I'm fine with that. He's doing well. But really, nowhere near that chart.

July 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Mich05's Avatar Veteran
Mathieu eats baby cereal 1 -2 times a day and still a little bit of purees but we try to give him part of what we are having. he definitely prefers finger food to being spoon fed, but my husband has more like spooning food to him. for supper tonight he had little pieces of fish, carrots, peas. Last night he had grapes (peeled and cut in 8), cooked zucchini, cut into pieces and grated cheese. but i don't think he is anywhere near that list.
July 13th, 2013, 02:30 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
These babies are still so young. Some babies still wont touch solids until a year. Not uncommon. I have seen it all.
Emma has no teeth and just hates texture. She is STILL on strained food. She eats lots of baby food and cereal but wont eat anything else other than tons of formula.
She will sometimes lick things but gags and gags if its not smooth. LOL
July 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymama10 View Post
These babies are still so young. Some babies still wont touch solids until a year. Not uncommon. I have seen it all.
Emma has no teeth and just hates texture. She is STILL on strained food. She eats lots of baby food and cereal but wont eat anything else other than tons of formula.
She will sometimes lick things but gags and gags if its not smooth. LOL
Elijah also hates texture. He gags if his jarred pureed foods are too thick (occasional jars of peas).

July 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
She doesn't want baby food anymore, but her gag reflex is sensitive so she isn't great with solid food yet. We do little pieces of whatever we are eating, for fun. So nothing much yet for nutrition, just fun.
July 13th, 2013, 11:29 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luyando eats solids 3 times a day (few days 4 times), about 4-4.5 ounces each. She follows each solid an hour later with a bottle of breastmilk. We nurse 2-3 times at night. Still we are no where near the chart. She loves some table food - fish, she loves loves fish. Gave her a piece of crab the other day but she swallowed too early without chewing well, gagged, and threw up her food She also eats some African food (fufu: consistency like thick mashed potatoes) and loves those.

Sisters, friends forever
July 14th, 2013, 03:59 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I think I've figured out Elijah's issue. He likes ALL his food mixed with cereal. I wondered why he ate so well in the morning, but not the rest of the day... he wants the cereal with it!

July 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
I think I've figured out Elijah's issue. He likes ALL his food mixed with cereal. I wondered why he ate so well in the morning, but not the rest of the day... he wants the cereal with it!
Thats so funny because Emma's favorite food is Rice cereal. She loves all her fruits and veggies with rice cereal.
Ladies ,what ever happened to all the good baby flavors in baby food jars. Its been 8 years since our last baby until Emma and all the good ones are gone.
For example : Tooty Fruity
: Fruit dessert
: Kiwi fruit flavors
: Yogurt/fruit flavors
and other meat/veggie combos. I usually have always bought mostly Gerber and sometimes Beechnut.
Does anyone know just how "organic" the Gerber jars labeled "organic" really are?
I am buying a baby food blender. Mine has been used by so much for my children that the blades are dull and rusty.. YUCK!!
July 15th, 2013, 06:01 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We don't use jarred foods often, but I do grab a few for when we are out and about, and then we use Earth's Best. It is all organic and the flavors are actually pretty good. Our local grocery store carries a limited selection.

We bought a masher Amazon.com: OXO Tot Baby Food Masher, Green: Baby and it really comes in handy.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymama10 View Post
Thats so funny because Emma's favorite food is Rice cereal. She loves all her fruits and veggies with rice cereal.
Ladies ,what ever happened to all the good baby flavors in baby food jars. Its been 8 years since our last baby until Emma and all the good ones are gone.
For example : Tooty Fruity
: Fruit dessert
: Kiwi fruit flavors
: Yogurt/fruit flavors
and other meat/veggie combos. I usually have always bought mostly Gerber and sometimes Beechnut.
Does anyone know just how "organic" the Gerber jars labeled "organic" really are?
I am buying a baby food blender. Mine has been used by so much for my children that the blades are dull and rusty.. YUCK!!
I did notice that a lot of flavors are gone. They just kept basic fruits and veggies (Beechnut and Gerber). There is another brand that has a lot of organic purees and they have more interesting flavors. I'll have to get some of those, soon. I do use one organic brand (Earth's Best) to get prunes, and they have a yogurt/fruit mix.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search