Zimmerman trial

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 08:30 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Have you been following the Zimmerman trial? I have not, but I now see that he has been found not guilty. What are your reactions to this? Do you think he acted in self defense or was this an act of racism?
July 13th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the post Michael Moore just put on FB:

"Had a gun-toting Trayvon Martin stalked an unarmed George Zimmerman, and then shot him to death... DO I EVEN NEED TO COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE?"

July 13th, 2013, 11:50 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel bad for both sides. I feel he pursued the youth just because of his race so that part is racism. However, I am not of what happened afterwards. I think the only 2 people that know for sure are those involved and we can only hear one side of the story. I think the prosecution did a shoddy job; it was as if they were forced to prosecute and all their witnesses seem like witnesses for the defense. Either way, the guy has got to live with himself and I think that is justice enough. Sorry for the family of the youth though regardless nothing will bring back a lost life.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
July 14th, 2013, 01:52 AM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
Going by the what is told that happened. the cop thought he looked suspicious due to his race and being out and about late at night and that was very wrong to do. Though if someone was on top of me attacking me, I wouldn't of hesitated to protect myself. What the cop was guilty for was wrongfully judging the kid based on his appearance, Martin got physical. I feel it started out as racism but ended in self defense. I do feel for the families on both sides though.

Team Pink!

Last edited by MommyofAngels1985; July 14th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
July 14th, 2013, 08:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
The verdict was correct based on the case presented by the prosecution and the applicable laws.

The entire situation is just a tragedy...definitely no winners at all.
babymama10 likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 14th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have not followed this case much at all. But from the little I did to me there are so many holes on both sides.. Very sad and a awful tragedy for all. But I have dealt with enough court cases in my life to know this... Liars and liars and liars.. I would say most of the time justice is served about 40-50% of the time. I have NO faith in our justice system anymore. And don't even get me started on corrupt juries!
I am very happy to be a stay at home mama and out of "Caesar's courts."
July 14th, 2013, 05:06 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I think it started off with racist motives... not sure what happened after that. I don't understand how an adult can kill and minor and get away with it. Isn't it manslaughter at the least?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
July 14th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You have to remember this happened in Florida if I read correctly. All minor/non minor laws are different in each state. And self defence is self defence unless this guy was a little kid the teenages in my neighborhood and some 11-12 year olds are pretty big and strong for their age. This whole case is just so sad. Its sad that such a young life is gone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search