Back to School

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 2 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By mommaof4andhalf
  • 1 Post By hiskid1324
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 09:27 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Who has school aged children? When are they headed back to school? What do you do with your LO during the school day? Do you go to school?

I have three school aged children that go back in August. We homeschooled for six years, but they decided to try out the last few weeks of public school at the end of this past school year. They loved it and want to go back, so they will. It was soooo quiet while they were gone. I didn't know what to do with myself. I just played with Elijah and cleaned the house.

I am also going back to school in August, but I signed up for online courses. I went while I was pregnant with Elijah, but took off to have him (I also took off the following semester since he was so young). I have five classes left to get my Associates Degree. I'm taking two this semester and three the next. Not sure where I will go after to get my Bachelors Degree. I play on doing schoolwork when Elijah sleeps.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.

Last edited by Jinnah; July 26th, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
July 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Awesome that you are going back to school, Jinnah!

No school for anyone in our family yet.
Jinnah likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

July 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a teacher so I guess I'm in the "back to school" group!

Madalyn is taken care of by my mother when DH and I are both working.
Jinnah likes this.

July 26th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
The big kids go back at the end of August BUT my daughter took 3 classes this summer because she wants to graduate early
LoverlyJules and Jinnah like this.

July 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverlyJules View Post
I'm a teacher so I guess I'm in the "back to school" group!

Madalyn is taken care of by my mother when DH and I are both working.
That's what I'm going to school for.
LoverlyJules likes this.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
July 27th, 2013, 08:17 AM
mommaof4andhalf's Avatar Mighty Midget Minion Mom
I have 4 in school. They go back August 15th. One is going into high school, another in 7th grade, a 3rd grader, and a 2nd grader.

Pickle will be with me throughout the day. Occasionally we will go see his dad at work for lunch, but more often than not it will just be us hanging out until everyone gets home.
Jinnah likes this.

-Chrissy. Momma to a teenage girl, a preteen girl, a little girl, and 2 boys. Straight Jacket Bound!!!!
July 27th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is 4.5, and technically preschool this fall. She is almost finished an advanced pk program, however, and meets/exceeds nearly all of our state's SOLs already, so I'm calling her kindergarten already. She'll "officially" start kindergarten in January, I think, and I have to register her as kinder next year. We'll be homeschooling.
Jinnah likes this.
July 28th, 2013, 08:35 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
my oldest will be in kindergarten this year!

i am not even sure when he goes back to school. for now we are just laying low and enjoying the freedom.

i'll go back to school when ruby is older. good for you going back though!!
Jinnah likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 01:19 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Josiah will be in pre-K twice a week from 9-noon this year. He goes back right after Labor Day. I am a teacher. My school district job will start the first Thursday after Labor Day, and my fall semester for Music Together starts September 20th.

July 29th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We homeschool. Usually we "Officially" start after Labor day when the public school starts. We like it that way because all the other children in our area are in school and nobody is coming over to play. All though this neighborhood is rotten in some ways as they have called the school on us and told them the stupid usual nosy neighbor complaint of"The neighbor kids are not in school!" DUHH! Everyone here knows me and our family. They ALL know we homeschool. We are legal and all our papers are filed.Thats why we don't do neighborhoods and will be moving back wayyyy out in the country at the end of our lease. We are so watched with having as many children as we do. Some wonderful person or people put a huge can of grease in our pool 2 weeks ago and the pool had to be drained and scrubbed. They did it at night and we have no idea ho did it. our lawn service man said other neighbor down the street saw several boys sneaking around her property at night with flashlights looking in her house and messing with her things. So when this lady yelled at them they ran off before she could get a good look at them. Gotta love neighborhoods!!!NOT..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search