strollers/carriers/carseats

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 07:28 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
What kind of stroller are you using?
Do you have a carrier that you are using regularly? What kind?
What kind of car seat are you currently using?

We have a Graco Metrolite stroller, but are looking into upgrading to either a City Mini or a Baby Trend Expedition jogger. We are officially done with our boba wrap, and are using the ergo quite a bit, although he is starting to be heavy enough that I can't wear him for extended periods of time anymore. Jamison is rear facing in a Britax Marathon car seat.

August 6th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still use my big Graco quattro stroller a lot and I got a chicco liteway that I love for short trips. No carriers here. She is rear facing in an Evenflo Triumph LX.

August 6th, 2013, 08:16 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What kind of stroller are you using? We have the Chicco one that her infant car seat fits in ... I really want a lighter one, but I'm not sure I can talk DH into it!

Do you have a carrier that you are using regularly? What kind? DH has a Chicco one that he likes. I have a BabyHawk Mei Tai but haven't really used it much yet ... I always forget about it!

What kind of car seat are you currently using? Just moved Madalyn into her Chicco convertible.

August 6th, 2013, 08:29 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Funny you posted this... we had stroller issues and just had to buy a new one. We have been using a Graco travel system, but one day a little old lady frowned and said the baby is straining his neck trying to sit up and to get him a pillow so he doesn't hurt his neck. I thought she was just being a little old lady, but I started paying more attention. Elijah wants to sit more upright than this stroller would go. I inclined it to the furthest setting, and he still wants to sit straight up, versus a slight recline. I saw an umbrella stroller at the store and decided to try it out (since the other stroller is so heavy and hard to use). He sat up and didn't have to lean forward/hold himself up, so I bought it. I'm concerned it's not as heavy duty as the other stroller, but he enjoys it much more. I wish I never bought the first one, now.

Do you think an umbrella stroller is good enough from here on out, or do I need something sturdier?

As far as carseats, we switched out of the infant carseat quite awhile ago.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 6th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't used the stroller since she was 6 weeks old and was in her car seat snapped on to the stroller and I walked away and forgot I had her with me. In Costco. On a Saturday. I freaked out and have put her in a wrap or ssc ever since. I use woven wraps (both long and short, depending on the carry I want to do), the Ergo, the MeiTai, Mobys.... you name it. She rides happily in any of them. She is still in her infant pod, but will move to a MyRide 65 before the end of December, as her seat outdates at the end of this year.
August 7th, 2013, 05:49 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
What kind of stroller are you using? Baby Jogger City Mini at home for walks around the neighborhood, and the Maclaren Twin Triumph when we're out and about (folds smaller).

Do you have a carrier that you are using regularly? What kind? We have an Ergo Organic carrier and an Ergo Performance. I'm liking the Performance version better because it is less hot in the summertime. Abigail still likes the front carry, but George likes to ride on our backs.

What kind of car seat are you currently using? George is in a Diono Radian. Abigail is in a Diono Radian when she rides with DH, and in my van she has a First Years True Fit. All rear-facing of course.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

August 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
stroller- baby trend Expidition ELX jogger.......love it thing goes off roading daily and has held up great for the price...(it is starting to get a lil lose/ squeky but what can you expect from something that has carried over 50 lbs worth of stuff down the side of the road before and has 10 months of daily use) storage is bigg enough to bring home my groccerys and the parent compartment hold all my losse stuff. only things i dont like is the cupholders are useless there to narrow even for water bottles they only hold cans which slosh everywhere once there open. and you must lock the front wheel in order to even walk quickly much less run on a sidewalk or the stroller starts to shudder. oh and i had to replace all the inertubes with slime tubes because they came with really crappy inertubes. but very small issues in comparison with trying to get a lil graco stroller to do what we need.

carrier- weve been useing the evenflow natural fit as a backpack carrier for a while now and he still loves it although I may have to make some adjustments for my belly soon.

car seat- we dont have a car so Im still just useing the infant carrier that came with his stroller any time we do get a ride. it goes up to 35 lbs so it should still last a while ill buy him a convertable if we get a car.

August 7th, 2013, 07:47 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
What kind of stroller are you using? we don't really use strollers
Do you have a carrier that you are using regularly? What kind? beco gemini or ring sling
What kind of car seat are you currently using? graco snugride
August 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
stroller: graco that was part of his travel system and a cheapy BRU umbrella stroller

carrier: I have an Ergo, but I'm more of a stroller person. I mainly wear him if we're going to the beach, fruit picking, or doing chores around the house.

car seat: He's still in his Graco Snug Ride but we'll upgrade to the Diono Radian when he outgrows it.

August 9th, 2013, 09:58 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
What kind of stroller are you using? City Mini (barely using now because he doesn't like it)
Do you have a carrier that you are using regularly? What kind? Ergo Sport
What kind of car seat are you currently using? Peg Perrego infant carseat

August 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Just curious- what doesn't Elijah seem to like with the City Mini? It is one of the strollers we are considering upgrading to if we can find one used...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search