First time mommies---do you think you're ready for round 2?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2013, 07:16 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
For all my sister first time mommies, I'm wondering if you are interested in growing your family and when you think you will do it.

Admittedly, there are days when I think Alexandra is enough. She is sooooooooooooo well behaved and wonderful, but with a full-time job (that is stressful), and a hubby who leaves the house at 6:30 and isn't home until close to 8pm I wonder if I could handle a second. Then I come to my senses and remember how lucky we are that we have such a great little munchkin who would make a great big sister to someone and I think a second baby isn't such a big deal.

I think we are thinking of starting to try to bring a second family member into the picture at some point around April or May of next year.

What about you?

August 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am no first time mama as a lot of my children are teens and grown up but I will admit I would love love love to have one more for Emma to have a sibling in her age group...But I am 41 and have pcos and it makes things hard.
August 11th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel much more confident that I can handle all of the baby stuff and will be much more relaxed ... BUT juggling 2 makes me nervous! Madalyn is an awesome baby and it scares me that we will end up with a crazy one for number 2!

August 11th, 2013, 09:26 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well i dont really have a choice if im ready or not lol sometimes i reallly dont feel that I am but i know it will be ok when LO comes im just stressing right now
LoverlyJules and Belita like this.

August 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly, I know we were all worried for you and you were worried for yourself when you were pregnant with Connor, but you're an amazing mother! I have no doubt that you'll be great with 2!

We want another. I'd love to wait longer but with DH being 38 and me 32 we just don't have the time since we want 1-2 more. We'll start trying again this fall. The thought of TTC again makes me worried because I'm afraid of more losses but we want to give Sean a sibling!

August 12th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not sure yet. Maybe when my IUD comes out in 2018... unless I take it out sooner and we try to TTC around 2015-16. I want to wait until she's 4 years old or so.

August 12th, 2013, 12:24 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We've talked about trying for another after Emmy turns 1. That's approaching rapidly. Lol. I also have days where I think one is just fine, even though in all actuality, I'd love a large family. Bryan was an only child and sees nothing wrong with it but I'd love to give Emmy a Sibling. But honestly, I just don't know how we will afford it! I want to make sure we will be able to live fairly comfortably and I don't provide any substantial income for our family... another thing that we need to consider is that since my family lives I. Germany, we will want to fly back and forth and that will get costly with subsequent kids! Lots to think about...

August 16th, 2013, 02:02 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I was not ready to try for my second until Josiah's second bday. Jamison is a way easier baby. If we had planned to have a third, I would feel ready to TTC fairly soon. My recovery physically and emotionally was SO much better after a vaginal birth in comparison to my emergency c/s birth with Josiah. A little tiny part of me still fantasizes about trying for a girl, but I know we are done. I think it is just hard to close the door, even though when push comes to shove, we both know actively TTC again is not the right choice for our family.

August 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No more here. I am like sarah. At times I wish I could try for one more just to see if I'll have a boy but we've always wanted 2 and that is right number for our family. My recovery too was much easier with Luyando who is a vaginal birth than with dd1. Luyando is much more high maintenance than her sis was though. But totally okay with these two. I wanted 3 years between them and have that so can't ask for more. Don't really want to be 40+ and pregnant.

Sisters, friends forever
August 16th, 2013, 06:39 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
See... I'm still young enough to sneak one more in. I'll be 35 in October. BUT- I'm way too scared of having another loss to ever actively TTC again, and I always said I wanted 2. It was DH who always kind of pined away for 3.

August 17th, 2013, 02:13 AM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
Oh lord.. Even if we were financially stable enough for number 2, I would be terrified! Kinslie has been such an animated and high maintenance baby! She is so fun but a newborn as well.. The thought freaks me out haha We will probably try for baby number 2 when Kinslie turns two or three.

August 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is hesitant to jump right into this! For me balancing the working full time and family life has (on some days, definitely not every day) been a bit of a challenge. I am an only child, so I don't see it as a huge issue just having one, but my hubby being one of four siblings thinks it is super important to have a sibling. I really don't have a big opinion either way.

On top of just keeping up with a pretty decent work/life balance, I'm also thinking of shelling out almost $1200 a month for daycare already and paying almost double that with two. Yikes!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search