Summertime wrap up

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2013, 08:12 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Summertime is slowly winding down and I've noticed that so many of you already have older kids going back to school.

Are you happy with how your baby's first summer went? What are some of your best memories?

Is there anything you wanted to have done but just didn't get around to?

Any final plans before fall comes around?
August 14th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a lot of family drama here but Emma played outside in the pool often with her daddy,siblings, and nephew.I sure do wish we could have gone to the beach.But we had NO time this summer. We stayed home a lot and am gearing up for our school at home to start.
As far as plans for the fall I am not real sure yet. We enjoy doing family type activities in the fall because the other kids are all in school and much less people and the heat is almost over.

We had a lot of family drama here but Emma played outside in the pool often with her daddy,siblings, and nephew.I sure do wish we could have gone to the beach.But we had NO time this summer. We stayed home a lot and am gearing up for our school at home to start.
As far as plans for the fall I am not real sure yet. We enjoy doing family type activities in the fall because the other kids are all in school and much less people and the heat is almost over.
August 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
We had a beautiful summer here, lots of sunshine! I will say that it went by WAY too fast! We are going camping the end of August, which I'm really looking forward to. The last few weeks, I've felt bad for my older son because Jamison's nap schedule and the fact that he is refusing to sleep in his crib have really cut into our playtime. I know he has been kind of bored...I think he will be happy to be in school a few days a week this fall so that he can get some of his energy out!

August 15th, 2013, 04:45 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
It was good! We went to the zoo, butterfly house, bought a pool! I wanted to go to the beach but we decided to skip this year maybe next year since I won't be pregnant!! All around it was pretty good!
August 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was okay. Having another parent die and spending those 2 weeks away for that really cut into the enjoyment of our summer. We also had crummy weather for much of it. We did get to the beach a few times and got to do the playground and pool, but not as much as I'd hoped. At least we don't have the school year to worry about so hopefully we'll get some more summery weather back to get a little bit more summer fun.

August 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
I feel sad to say that I feel like the summer flew by and passed me by in the process! Working full time and packing so much stuff in to the weekend that needs to get done has meant limited real time for fun (ugh!).

That said, we've had a few days of really nice weather and I've been taking little Alexandra in to our backyard to explore after work. She loves pulling up the grass and saying "graaaa"...I think she's trying to say "grass."

August 15th, 2013, 09:24 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Summertime is slowly winding down and I've noticed that so many of you already have older kids going back to school.

Are you happy with how your baby's first summer went? What are some of your best memories?

Yes, I am happy with how it went. Best memories are probably watching Elijah's personality develop... he's a wild one!

Is there anything you wanted to have done but just didn't get around to?

Not really.

My mom is visiting this week. I want to visit some places with her and the kids. Go out to eat with DH. Not much left to do.Any final plans before fall comes around?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 16th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sadly, we didnt do much this summer. I worked all summer... we just chilled and went to PA for vacation, lol. Boring, I know.

August 16th, 2013, 08:20 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
We had a great summer! Coleson and Connor (my oldest) had a great summer. We had passes to all the aquatic centers and pools here in our city, so we spent lots and lots of time there. Also did the Friday night family fun nights at the pools to with the family. We also spent several days in Kansas City at the theme parks and baseball games.

I think that it went great!! No regrets!

August 16th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've had a great summer! We went to my parents house (unplanned) so a lot of memories I wasn't planning on. A lot of revelations about myself as I relate to my parents and husband have happened this summer, and a lot of stressful things relationships-wise have happened, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my baby regardless. I haven't taken nearly as many pictures as I feel I ought to have, but such is the life of a third child! I feel bad, I haven't had any photos of our family done with her as a baby. I want to do that, but we haven't got the finances to do it, even at the Picture People or Sears. Sigh.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search