Sign language

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 01:09 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Who is signing to their LO? Which signs are you teaching? Have they signed any of them back yet?

I have been signing "all done" and "milk". He definitely seems to be understanding, and has done what I think "might" be an attempt at signing "all done", but nothing consistent yet.

August 16th, 2013, 05:07 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We are signing milk, more and diaper but so far, she is not signing back. My friend is a sign language teacher and she said it can very well take a bit longer with Emmy, since she is learning 3 languages basically. (German, English and sign)

August 16th, 2013, 06:23 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I sign a bit with Eleanor because I sign with Lila. She signs milk, eat, more, mom, dad. It's cute!

August 16th, 2013, 06:33 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We do "milk," "more," "all done," and when we talk about animals and sounds I do the signs for the animals. Abigail will sign for "milk" and I think she tries to sign "more." So far George just yells a lot

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

August 16th, 2013, 07:13 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tryed to teach him signs but he makes up his own responses although they are consistant enough that I know what he means lol

for diaper he rips the tabs of his diaper lol

for milk he makes a fist and shakes it at me

and he has another where he puts his thumb in the palm of his hand and that in the palm of his thumb hand and looks at me with the biggest doe eyes on earth but i still cant figure out what hes asking for

August 16th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I sign a lot! Jonah has signed milk and more but it's not an everyday thing for him. I sign milk, more, it's time for a diaper change, play, bath, sleep, tired, sad, crying, happy, do you need help, some animals, watermelon, yogurt, all done, all gone, water, ball, book, and others that I can't think of.

August 16th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been signing diaper, milk, change, play, ball, bubbles, bath, apple, grapes, bread, cheese, more, finished (all done), eat/food, mother (Mummy), father (Daddy), hi/bye and probably a lot more with her... she's signed more for sure, and she is lazy with it, but I'm 99% sure she has signed milk as well.

Rebecca started signing back to me around 12 months, and Elias right around 10/11 months, so Esther is right on track, imo. The older two had full signing vocabularies and actually formed sentences in sign by 15 months, so I think she'll get there too.
August 16th, 2013, 09:29 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
so far she signs milk, more and all done. need to start working on others!
August 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
He can sign "milk", "eat" and a weird version of "tired"... we're working on "all done" and "more" now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search