Couponing!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ellinj0206
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By babymama10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did it tonight. We went to walmart around 12a and just got back (3:15a). I saved about 10$, but my question is... how do you guys save more than 50$?? The couponing was great! We're still new, so it'll take time - but do any of you guys get for meat or poultry? We got a lot of household items though, but I thought I'd ask how you guys do couponing. I go to coupons.com (i found the most benefical place so far).

I also spent about 173$.

Last edited by Zukin; August 17th, 2013 at 02:16 AM.
August 17th, 2013, 09:54 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
That sure was a late trip!!!! I was asleep at that time!

I'm not so great at couponing anywhere besides Kohl's. I maybe find coupons for $1 off.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
If Stefanie is still on here she is a couponing master. She posts some of her buys on Facebook and they are always quite impressive.

August 17th, 2013, 07:51 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I have never couponed. I just don't have the time. It intrigues me though.
August 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unfort. Stef deleted her forum name a while ago, and removed me from FB when she left the FB group. Apparently I was one of the ones who also talked about her, even though I have never said anything about or to her. I loved how she couponed, and I can't see how she saved so much LOL

the sad part is most of it was for our household, and some baby food that didnt come with WIC. No real food for us. lol, but Iguess it's the learning of it al.l

August 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
I know some people spend lots of time couponing and swear it is worth it. I honestly just don't have the time and any time I watch the coupon shows on TV I notice they are buying tons of crap food that really just isn't good for you. I don't know about you, but I don't need 16 cases of Chef Boyardee Raviolis, a pallet of Little Debbie Cakes and other assorted (what I consider) junk food items.

In all fairness to couponers, I think the shows I have watched show it being taken to a whole other level and I am sure if you want to eat healthy, you can also find some really terrific buys. I wish I did have the time to coupon because I'm now at a point in which saving money would be helpful!
Jinnah likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj0206 View Post
I know some people spend lots of time couponing and swear it is worth it. I honestly just don't have the time and any time I watch the coupon shows on TV I notice they are buying tons of crap food that really just isn't good for you. I don't know about you, but I don't need 16 cases of Chef Boyardee Raviolis, a pallet of Little Debbie Cakes and other assorted (what I consider) junk food items.

In all fairness to couponers, I think the shows I have watched show it being taken to a whole other level and I am sure if you want to eat healthy, you can also find some really terrific buys. I wish I did have the time to coupon because I'm now at a point in which saving money would be helpful!
That's why I haven't gotten into couponing. Every time I look for coupons, I only find a few for items that we actually use. I don't buy a bunch of junk, and there aren't many coupons for the stuff we do buy (besides cereal). Like I said, I get excited about saving a dollar on something I use.

Adorable baby picture, BTW.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to do more though nothing like real couponers; need to do more again as I just love the thrill of saving money. I got coupons from kroeger every quarter based on one of y shopping trip; they'd offer a $1 off some items I bought, 50c of others, and some buy one get one free. I don't know why I was selected or if they are still sending it since I just got back home. I found their coupons helpful since they target what I buy. I also got some from P&G etc. I think you can get some coupons directly from the manufacturer's website too.

Sisters, friends forever
August 18th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Couponing at it's best is all about combining sales with coupons and stocking up when things are on sale. If you search for your local grocery store you can find sites where people do the work for you. They tell you when the coupon was in the paper and what to stock up on. I used to subscribe to this website called Coupons, Grocery Coupons - The Grocery Game - A Weekly List of the lowest-priced groceries at your local stores and it was very helpful. They would list things in different colors for telling you to stock up and things you get for free. I once paid $30 for $100 worth of groceries! You can always get things like toothpaste for free with couponing. You find the best savings on pre-packaged products so if you cook from scratch a lot you're not going to find a whole lot that works for you.

Those extreme couponers are insane! No way do they need 5,000 jugs of Tide!
Zukin likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 08:24 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I try to use coupons as much as I can but am not really god at and don't have time to chase the sales. Have ya'll noticed that mostly all the coupons that come in the papers say on the coupon you have to buy 2 of the item to get the discount?
It used to be one item.
Zukin likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw that website costs 45$/mo or something Looks awesome to try, but something I couldn't spend money on to get coupons for lol. I'll have to try the manufactures website this weekend.

August 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It uses to be $20/3 months! Crazy! I wouldn't pay that much either. Have you tried couponmom.com? She's similar.

August 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont cupon per say most the time ppl are buying things they wernt going to buy to start with Im sorry but even if your getting a "good deal" thats still spending extra money......if I see a coupon for something Im going to be buying in the first place Ill bring it with me And I used to get some really good ones for jack in the box before I moved down here but theres not even one around here which makes me sad lol but i definatly dont go out of my way for them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search