Couches

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Ok I have "new couch" fever since ours is so dirty and has seen way too many spills and leaky diapers. I really want a leather couch since my son has asthma and I am always horrified at his much grime comes out when I clean it. We went to Macy's and looked around today, of course the one I loved was over 3k. How much did you spend on your sofa? Ours cost around $700 5 years ago. I feel like spending a bit more is "ok" but 3k seems excessive.
August 18th, 2013, 07:34 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we dont have one lol but i was only planning to spent maybe 300-500 when we get a new apt with 2 under 2 and 2 cats (can you say couch murder) I just dont see investing in something thats going to die a long and painfull death
bostoncreampie likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is so funny there is a post on a couch. I have just started looking for a new living room set for the family room. I am also thinking about leather. Its very simple to keep clean is what I am told. With all the colors and styles available leather can go with any decor.
I do think 3k is a bit much for just one sofa. I may spend that or a teeny bit more on ours because I really want a huge sectional couch. But if not then I would go as far as a 1k for just a couch. Furniture is not to expensive when you talk the person down and try to compare shop. With our economy being so bad I have seen some amazing deals online. But I am the type of person that needs to see it and feel it in person and am to afraid to order something like that online.
August 18th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We need a new couch too! New living room furniture is next on our list to save for.

Our couch cost us $600 back in 2005. It's a microfiber one though, not leather.

August 18th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
I got my couch on sale at Urban Home for $700.

August 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
We bought a leather couch for about $1300 when I was pregnant. It was good quality from a really nice store, but when it was delivered, it smelled really strongly and I couldn't handle the smell. Not sure if it was because I was pregnant or not. So, we exchanged it for a non-leather couch. I got lucky when I went back to the store. A set I previously looked at was on sale. They were selling the floor model SET (couch, two armchairs, and an ottoman) for $1400. It was in fantastic condition, so I bought it.

We now need a second couch for the gameroom. Will probably spend about $800.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can't spend $3000 on a couch right now. The last we bought was between 400-500 in 2005. I don't want to buy anything that the kids can't play on because I am too paranoid that they'll damage it. Best of luck couch shopping.

Sisters, friends forever
August 19th, 2013, 01:14 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I don't think we could afford it either. It's hard to know what's reasonable. This set came with an extra chair and an additional piece to create a sectional.

I have no idea where to look next.
August 19th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My parents bought a leather about 3 years ago and I think it was around $2500. We paid $1300 for dh's leather recliner, so $3000 for couch doesn't seem out of the question. Do you have an American Factory Direct or anything like that?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search