Packing!

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate packing. So far we have our bookshelf done, and some kitchen stuff. We're leaving out 2 dishes, our old cups we're not taking with us, some pots and pans (that we are also not taking with us). I just.. hate packing. I love unpacking though. LOL .... We have so much to do and so little time My parents have decided to drive up here to help us move, since we have to be out of here by Sept. and per my landlords once I give my 30 day notice , they have every right to bring people in WHILE we still live here, to show the place... AHHHH so much stress

Oh, and trying to sell stuff, but our landlords won't allow a "garage sale" because it'll "disrupt" the neighbors, get that one for comedy. sigh.

August 25th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow I understand what you are going threw. We have moved more times than I care to say and sometimes with a bunch of horses and all the house stuff, barn stuff, 10 kids worth of stuff. I have been so overwhelmed with packing that I thought I was gonna go postal. What a wonderful thing that your parents are coming to help.
They sound like they are excited to have you guys live in Florida if they are coming up to help. Thats going to be a HUGE blessing.
Ya know I just took it one day at a time and packed a little here and there and rested as much as I could in between baby and boxes. The first is still a little away kinda. Hang in there I'm rootin for all three of you.
August 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate packing too!

August 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't love packing but have ha to do cross-continent moving 3 times in the past 2 years so I have become a pro Yeah, just do a little at a time. Stay up when baby as gone to sleep to get some uninterupted packing time. Do as much as possible early because time flies at the end and the time you taught you'd have will not be there. And praying patience for you because men tend to leave it all until the last minute which means most of the early packing will be on you. Try craiglist for selling your stuff if you can't do garage sale. Hope things come together for you in the next couple of days. It's hard but you can do it.

Sisters, friends forever
August 25th, 2013, 07:57 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Ughh...I hate packing too!

August 26th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay, almost done packing the kitchen, leaving a few items so we can still cook <3. Have left is our bedroom (clothes) and hers (clothes and toys). Ugh. Packing is sooo boring.
Yetti, you are so right. My husband is helping a ton, but he does sit on the PC a lot and still play games. I just packed our whole kitchen lol... He says we'll get it done, but I keep telling him middle of Sept is gonna come by quick.... lol

babymama: I don't know how you do it! 10 kids and items would drive me up the wall, esp moving horses! Most of our stuff will be in storage or in my parents attic/garage until we get a stable job and move out of their house - since theirs is up for sale, we may be moving again to Central part of FL and by then I think it'll be easier. My parents were originally were gonna have Matt, baby and I drive there and my dad and matt drive back... but with my father not doing well at all, and getting worse by the days, it's just better this way.

I have put some stuff on craigslist, only one person interested in my couch and table (but the table has already been sold lol after I posted it by a friend of mine), but hasn't responded back to me in email. I'm tempted to ask a neighbor behind us if we can use her house for the garage sale.... lol If craigslist doesn't work by end of month.

I so far have the bookshelf, coffee table (which btw, I didn't want to sell, it's real cherry wood I bought a few years ago on a good sale at a thrift store... lol) and a stand that can be used for games, etc. We use it now for our Hookah and his computer tower lol

My last thing for sale is my bed, but I can't really put it up for sale until it gets closer to the time to move... Blah. So much to do still, and I feel like I haven't hardly started. Lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search