(BOTW) Birth Story

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By babymama10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 12:30 AM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Hi ladies,
I want to say I am very very sorry for not keeping up with the "Botw."
Our internet is not so good we don't get a good signal out here in the country and we switched over on Monday to a new server and its actually worse. So I loose the signal every few minutes. We are working on it tho.
So...Emma's birth story. Well the pregnancy went very well. It was actually easy especially for our 10th child at 41 years old I thought it would be hard and complicated. I did have awful all day morning sickness for almost the entire 9 months. But I lived. LOL
I saw a regular o.b. once a month and a perinatologist TWICE a week for the last 3 months.
I had stress tests twice a week and extensive ultrasounds twice a week. I saw Emma grow inch by inch. It was amazing. I suffer from type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism and the big thing as my age. I was monitored like a hawk because of my age with the diabetes. The diabetes often cause the placenta to crap out early resulting in fetal death. Emma was fine the whole time.
Everything went according to plan and then our house was ready to move into finally and I was due in a month. We moved across the state. I had to change doctors and my old doctor set it all up to make sure I got continued good care. He had it all set up for me but when I went to the new doctors they put me on hold for TWO weeks due to "paperwork." My doctor later told me it was because doctors don't like to see "high risk' patients so late in their pregnancies because they are responsible for things that may have happened already or things missed..????Whatever! So I saw the doctor and then we had a late hurricane here and things were down for a week. I had been having contractions big time since 36 weeks. They were going to deliver early at my old doctors but my new doctors completely changed the plan which worked out just fine. So I was at the hospital twice with labor and dilated to 3 centimeters and everything would stop. I did that twice. My doctor said that its not good to induce labor on older omen because the risk of complications is extremely high for me to bleed to death. We did this for a couple of weeks and the hurricane threw us off a week. So finally at almost 42 weeks they called me to come in and have a baby. Once we got hooked up they broke my water and started the pitocin but stopped it because my labor was in full swing because of them breaking my water. I asked for my epidural and got it at 8 centimeters. That was a bad idea because the doctor could not get the epidural in due to severe scars from other babies and past operations. So she actually put the epidural between my SHOULDER BLADES.....I kid you not!!! Never ever ever ever ever felt pain like that in my life.I didn't know you could get an epidural up there. I know have severe back pain every morning and am told it will be 3 years more. I am seeing a chiropractor soon. LOL So after the epidural 15 minutes later baby was coming out I could feel her turning and pressure moving down. I hit the call button and nurse walked in and I said,"I think her head is out." So she looked under the sheet and she calls and yells for emergency to call doctor. By then my husband is asking me why I didn't say anything to him..LOL Her head just came so fast. So my doctor and a "swat team" ran in and jumped on me and three nurses pushing on top of my belly. I had NOOOOO idea that when the nurse saw Emma's head sticking out that Emma was in very bad trouble and majorly stuck. My doctor told me to scream and push because Emma was in grave danger and they way she was gonna come out was gonna hurt like nothing I have ever felt..Well the doctor was right it hurt. I didnt scream tho. So I pushed and they pushed only once and Emma as having a hard time breathing and was bruised. Emma was in so much pain . Her shoulder was not broken or ribs. But she as so so swollen. She was 8lbs 11oz. They weighed three times because the doctor said she has to be at least 11 lbs. I held Emma for a few minutes after her breathing stabalized but she was in pain.(As you can see in one of the pictures of her in the nursery post.You can see Emma in my arms and look at her cheeks. Those cheeks were all Swelling! Emma doesnt have big cheeks. Her skin later that day became blue from all the bruising and her feet and back was ripped to shreds. All from the traumatic birth.
But after looking at her placenta the doctor said it looked great and Emma may have been fine in me longer..LOL...NOT ME!!LOL
Emma stayed in the hospital for one week to be monitored and watched and given pain meds. Then we took her home and she has been doing great and growing like a weed.
We are all so grateful for the gift Emma is. She is a true blessing at my age. My husband acts like a 25 year old man around her. She is adored by all her siblings and nieces and nephew.
Thank you. Sorry for a long book.
yashobo likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Wow, I didn't realize your delivery was so traumatic! I am so glad both of you were okay!

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
same! Thank goodness you both were okay and she is such a precious little girl!

August 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aaaww, what an experience. Hope you get the shoulder pain fixed. And what a strong girl Emma is!

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search