(BOTW) info about me and any questions.

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I just want to let you all know if you have any questions you would like to ask me please feel free to.
I wrote about myself once when I gave an introduction when I joined the group. So I thought I would give a little info again and about Emma.
Well I am 41 years old and have been married for 25 years. I married the best man in the world and love him more know than the day I married him. We have 4 sons and 6 daughters and 3 grandchildren with another due this spring. I met my husband in highschool at 14. I was allowed to date him at 15(crazy young) He as my first boyfriend and this was my first time going on a date. We married at 16 right after our baby was 5 months old. We had a big formal wedding. So I guess you could say we grew up together. My sweetheart is 2 years older than me. Fast forward about 5 years later and 3 children I became very very ill with ulcerative colitis. Its an colon disease. I spent TEN years in the hospital coming home here and there with a batch of home health care nurses around the clock so I could be with my children. I even had a couple of babies threw all this. Pregnancy tended to throw me into remission. A wonderful break! I have been in and out of remission over the years. I made the choice to take a medication that would make me healthy but may shorten my life span by years.But miracles happen everyday and maybe I will be blessed with one. While my husband worked I owned and raised horses and trained them and we raised sheep for meat.I did that with our children.I love love the outdoors.I also home educate our children for many years.
I own my own installation company. I am kinda like a private contracter for restaurants. I do Joes crab shack, Ihop,P.F. Changs,Applebees, and several more. We install all the stainless steel stuff you see in the kitchen like counters, shelves and bars and all the stuff like the stoves, ovens and the junk that goes with it. LOL
So thats a little about me..
About Emma Well she is almost 10 months now. She is growing way to fast.She wakes up around 8 and 9 and after she eats she wastes no time trying to practice her walking. She is walking everywhere and falls a lot. I would not say she is officially walking 100% yet. But she takes an average of 8 - 10 steps before she falls. She loves walking on the wood floors. I don't! She loves her jumperoo. She loves to walk over to it and hold on to one of the legs and jump up and down without being in it. LOL I have lots of video of her doing this. She takes 2 naps a day. She sleeps about 15 minutes to an hour each time.She goes to bed at 9 p.m. on the dot or else there is hell to pay. LOL
She loves and is thriving with all the attention she gets from all her siblings. My grandson loves her.His third word is "Emma" and he is only 1. They share the playpen while we watch them together.They play with his huge little tykes kitchen together and she loves riding in the laundry basket with him while one of our children push it. As far as a favorite toy goes, she doesnt have just one yet. She loves most of all to play with her bumbo seat by herself only when the kids are busy will she play alone which is very rare in our house. She likes books. She says, "ma" and "dadda." And she talks constantly and loves making grunts and shrieks. She is always has a smile on her face and asks to be picked up by crawling to us and lifting up her arms.We just can't say no to her. LOL
Its been a lonnnnnnnnnng 8 years since we had a baby in the house so you can imagine how much everyone just has to be with her. My children adore babies.
If you have any questions I would be happy to answer. Please forgive my bad typing. My keys are sticking and I am tired and hitting things here and there and to tired to fix it. We are still having internet connection issues and it is only good at 1-2 in the morning. CRAZY! This should be resolved soon I am told.
Thank you
August 30th, 2013, 02:08 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what are your current horses names?

do you use a curriculum to homeschool?

is emma like any of your other kids?

August 30th, 2013, 06:19 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Tell us more about homeschooling! I miss it! What do you use? How long does it take? How many are you homeschooling at a time? Will Emma be homeschooled?

You were in the hospital for TEN years?! How many days did you get to stay home before you had to go back? So sorry that happened!

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
August 31st, 2013, 12:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the questions and I will do my best to answer them.
As far as homeschooling goes we have been doing it for around 14 years and going strong. Emma will also be homeschooled. At this time with several of our children grown up we are homeschooling only 5. It still feels weird for such a small number to do school with but we all love it.
As far as curriculum we are very very eclectic. I have a few favorites. We are using Apologia science. We are learning anatomy and physiology this year in science and each child has their own science notebook.
Math- using developmental math for review and Teaching Textbooks curriculum and looking at another one called "Jump in."
Spelling- Spelling Power
Phonics- Sing, Spell,Read, and Write. It has been our favorite since the start and have used it with wonderful success with all my pre readers. e love this program and would be a spokeswoman for it if they needed me to. LOL
Grammar- Rod and Staff, Bob Jones, and Susan Wise Bauer writing series
Literature- Way to much to list here.I have the children read certain pieces at different times for different things. I use teacher books to remind me not to miss anything. LOL We love reading the classics.
Critical Thinking- Tons of different books. I really like the Critical Thinking company for books.
History-We have used so many things and curriculums over the years. e like Notgrass,The mystery of history , and The story of the world. We tend to do unit studies with history and government and civics.
Bible- I found a lovely book called, "Long Story Short" I read aloud plus devotions and Bible study.
We try to start around 10a.m. everyday sometimes earlier or later. And we meet at the kitchen table to start out and the we all end up where we need to be. I use a planner to pencil at least 3 weeks ahead of time of plans and tweak it here and there as needed.
We are new in this area and have had a hard time joining groups and things. We stay busy with our activities and friends. My oldest son did fencing and that takes time when they do sports and clubs or groups.
I have skipped a lot here because I would be typing all day if I wrote everything we do.

Horses- We sold all . We sold our sheep. We are living in a rental at the moment and have relocated and are looking for land to build our own home on and start over. I miss my horses so bad I can't think about it without crying.

Emma- She is a very determined,strong willed child. All of my girls were and are like this. My boys are the total opposite. She looks a lot like two of her sisters.
I have to honest here and say we really have our hands full with our girls. LOL
She is so sweet but wants to do her own thing already. She loves her daddy. He holds her and feeds her in the mornings and does some of her baths, diaper changes. He is a hands on dad and she loves him more than anything.But my husband travels a lot and Emma is a handful and won't nap when he is gone and she looks for him and calls out for him and it breaks my heart. I pray she will be easier than I think she is going to be to raise and parent. LOL

Hospital- I was in almost regularly for 10 years. I came home on weekends when I was able or when I was well enough here and there for a few days or weeks. I always had a RN home with me. I had so many I.V.'s and needs someone needed to monitor my meds. Sometimes they went home for a couple of days or the nights and sometimes they stayed. My illness was up and down.They were able to administer pain meds when needed sometimes and that helped keep me out of the hospital when all I needed was a pain shot.I eventually learned to do a lot of my care myself. I was on TPN. TPN is a line that goes into your arm like a I.V. and goes up your arm into your heart and feeds you with special nutrients to keep you alive because I could not eat for a long time. It was a pain to. I actually almost lost my life to a major infection because of that line. My husband was very helpful and at such a young age to.He as in his early 20's and was told more than once he would be a widow. But he has always been faithful and my rock. He is a very rare type person and I thank God for that man everyday. I am better now and have been in mostly remission for several years off and on and still have my colon.
Everyone assumes I had it removed because I am still alive.
God is a big part of my life and has saved me from certain death when no doctor can explain why I am alive. I am so thankful for living and getting to be a mommy and loving an amazing man.

So I think that it for my answers. I hope to post more pictures tomorrow. They will most likely be in the UTOT forum. My husband didn't mean to put our pictures in the regular forum. I am still learning the photo bucket thing.My husband teaches the children all computer skills and I try to keep up. LOL

Question----Do you guys notice that no matter they way you type your sentences and paragraphs on here that when you hit the "post button" that your sentences are not the way you set them when you wrote them? Am I the only one?
Thank you.
August 31st, 2013, 12:24 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who does Emma look like physically? Hair? Coloring, eye color, etc? Do any of your kids remind you of yourself? What is Emma's favorite meal or thing to eat? Is she breastfeeding?

Sisters, friends forever
August 31st, 2013, 08:28 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
I love you story of survival! Your're a good Mommy!!

September 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
JillMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow Sonja, your story is very interesting! You are a strong mama =) And I've been in and out for a while, did I miss that you were expecting again?

Jett 10/11/12 7lb 14.5oz 20.5in long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search