Going on our first major trip

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 2 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2013, 05:57 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We went ahead a couple of weeks ago and booked tickets for Emmy and I to fly to Germany... I'm super nervous but hopefully she will handle it in stride. I'm sure the first few days will be hard. My grandmother has been given just a few months left to live because of her cancer and its important to me that she at least gets to meet Emmy. Also, my good friend is getting married so now I will be able to be there for her wedding.
We are leaving next week Wednesday, the 11th and return on the 20th. I'm also really sad she will be without her daddy for so long but we will be able to video chat, luckily.
I'll try to post some pic while I'm there! it's been 6 years since I've been home. Crazy how time flies.
Belita and JillMama like this.

September 6th, 2013, 06:26 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Good luck, Nina! Even if you have some bumps in the road, it will be so worth it to get to see your Grandmother and your family. Sending you hugs and hoping you have a wonderful time!
JillMama likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 6th, 2013, 08:10 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nina: both of you will do fine. She is well attached to you so that helps. As long as Luyando was on my lap she was fine. They get more fidgety now that they are mobile but I am sure she'll be fine. Luyando slept during most of our trip; bf helps a ton for comfort. She played peekaboo with those sitting behind us too Just allow yourself enough time for checking in, getting on the plane, etc. I find it easier to carry my children on me while walking through airports. It frees my hands up plus they love the snuggle and get to see everything from a different perspective. People are also super helpful when they see you with babies. Praying for a smooth journey and helpful and supportive people during your trip. And so sorry about your grandmom Hope you get to spend some special time with her.

Sisters, friends forever
September 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
YAY!!!! Its scary but exciting. Its wonderful you get to see your family and have them meet Emmelyn. I also have family in Germany and have been there and Austria.
September 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I didn't know that! How neat. where in Germany? My family lives close to Frankfurt.
Thanks Yetty!! It really helps hearing that from you since I know you've been traveling a lot with Luyando.
Thanks Melissa; you are so right that it will be worth it!!
I'll definitely give you guys an update.

September 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. So glad she'll have a chance to meet Emmy! Have fun at your friend's wedding! Can't wait to see the pics!

September 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks!! Today was our first full day here and it was a busy one! Emmy is such a trooper. Her naps are so out of whack and poor thing has gotten only short little catnaps all day since we were out and about most of the day. tomorrow is my friend's wedding but I need to schedule less stuff after that! Luckily she sleeps in the ergo so she got a couple naps in while being in it.
I sure miss dh. It's so sad to always be missing someone! Lol. I'll be so happy when I leave since I'll get to see him again but sad since I'll be leaving my family...
yashobo and Belita like this.

September 13th, 2013, 06:03 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you both made it safely. And yay to Emmelyn for being so easy to work with; hope she gets more naps in. I am sure Bryan misses you both too; it's probably harder on him since you both are gone. Hugs to you all and have fun at the wedding tomorrow.

Sisters, friends forever
September 14th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Thanks Yetty!! I'm sure you know how nice it is to have your mom around and interacting with the baby.
Emmy actually slept all night. Woke a few times just for a minute but didn't wake for the day until around 8!! She amazes me. Lol
yashobo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search