What's everyone up to?

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 09:19 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
It's been slow in here the past few days... what is everyone up to? I am taking a government class (online through local college), so I have a ton of reading. I have to go pick up Elijah's professional pictures, today. I will probably get take out for dinner... I feel so tired! I can't wait for the weekend. Elijah keeps staring at me, and when I look at him, he bursts out laughing... so cute!
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
September 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Right now? Nothing really. It is a gross rainy humid day so we can't do much. Sam is sick with something related to a UTI or his kidney (we had a pee test come back positive for blood in urine on Monday and we have to go back for another tomorrow), and Eli is a major grump who won't nap today. It is now 1:15pm, he woke up at 6:30am and has only slept 15mins about 30mins ago. I moved and he woke up so now he's in the playpen screaming his lungs out behind me... I've tried everything. He just doesn't even want to be held

So I'm sitting here, trying to avoid his tantrum and eating a late lunch

September 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Aw, poor Sam! It is so hard when nothing comforts them

I had to go pick up my new glasses this morning, and then we went to the park for a bit. It was nice to get out. Now Claire is napping and the babies are wrestling on the floor. I'm doing (more) laundry!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

September 12th, 2013, 03:05 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL, Melissa, I totally can picture wrestling babies!

I am relaxing on the couch after a long day at school. DH is making dinner and sharing some cantaloupe with Madalyn.
Mrs.Paradise likes this.

September 12th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awe! I love the baby wrestling!

I havent been on here in FOREVER so I thought since Landon is taking a nap I would get on... but I need to go wake him up so he will sleep tonight... we have been busy! planing his birthday pictures and party... fun stuff just busy!
September 12th, 2013, 06:27 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom arrived on tuesday and I am so happy to get some help. DD1 is loving having grandma around and Luyando has slowly warmed back to grandma although she is still a big mummy's girl. Volunteering some days with dd1's class right now and the kids are so cute and sweet.

Sisters, friends forever
September 12th, 2013, 06:44 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
My 5 year old started kindergarten and my 3 year old started preschool so I have been busy trying to give them lots of quality time after school. It's been challenging with my oldest. Some days are wonderful and then others he just melts down so much. It's gotta be a crazy transition.

And two days ago I got a weird bite looking thing that has grown in to a nasty infection and I am in so much pain. Started antibiotics this morning so I am hoping that it kicks in by tomorrow morning so I can avoid IV antibiotics.

My husband had an infection last month, my 3 year old had some over the winter... someone around my house is carrying lots of staph giving it to others so we need to treat everyone with bleach bathes and antiseptic soap and get to the bottom of it.

It's on my collerbone, my muscles are swollen and my neck is stiff. Its incredibly painful. And now I have a fever.
September 12th, 2013, 06:58 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Oh my Kristen!! Sounds rough! Hope you ALL get better SOOOOON! Thats a bummer!

I am having a *STUPID* cyst surgically removed tomorrow morning at the hospital. Its in between my breasts and is really painful!! I'm really nervous! They'll be doing a biopsy on it also to make sure theirs NOTHING more serious going on also. But the odds are so slim, so I'm not worried. I just hate the thought of having stitches. Especially since I'm breastfeeding still. I've never had stitches either!! The doctor said minimal scarring so I'm hoping he right!

September 12th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Mich05's Avatar Veteran
i'm back at work part time for september. I think i love the idea of part time. I loved being with the kiddios today but i am happy i'm working tomorrow. so just been super busy adjusting to our new norm.
September 12th, 2013, 10:57 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Been very busy with my children that are still at home and the never ending drama with my grown up children.
I have been also trying to shop with my kids here and there for much needed new clothes.And we are planning on buying living room furniture. My sweet husband said he wants the living area as in the kitchen,t.v., and both dining rooms to look like a cozy dollhouse for the winter. LOL And I HAPPILY agree!
I am also having a wicked time finding curtains for this home that has a ton of windows. Our landlord will not allow us to have blinds or shades. He doesn't want any screws in the wood frames. I am going just bonkers trying to find non see-threw curtains that look pretty. We live in a neighborhood and we must have privacy. I am so mad about it I could spit! I don't want to spend a fortune on curtains for a rental.And he wants NO drapery rods either. He has the plain old regular old fashioned curtain rods up. So the curtains I have in the front of the house are making the rooms dark and I am going to flip my lid if I don't have sun light.
So that and doctor appointments have what I been up to.But I do try to check in online at night before bed.It has been kinda slow around here.

Last edited by babymama10; September 12th, 2013 at 10:59 PM.
September 13th, 2013, 12:43 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
I'm in Germany right now visiting my family. We have been very busy but it's great seeing everyone. I am going to my good friend's wedding tomorrow! that should be lots of fun.

September 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've been busy because my friend is trying to become a sleep consultant and she made up a sleep plan for Sean so we're working on that. I'm also planning my sister's baby shower for Columbus Day weekend and planning Sean's birthday party. Lots going on!

Kristen, that's awful! I hope the staph goes away and none of you get it again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search