This time last year...

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By babymama10
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By Summerdays12
  • 1 Post By myfavoriteshoes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By marybethsmom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2013, 06:47 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where were you? What was your frame of mind with regards to your pregnancy or babies (for our early babies)? At peace, fretful, anxious, etc.?

With Luyando turning 1 on Monday, I keep remembering where and how I was this time last year. I was fretful and anxious. Luyando had made no effort to drop and I was not dilated at all. I had some thinning of cervix, I think 25% and felt like a repeat c-section as a forgone conclusion. As of my appt. on the Friday before her birth, nothing had changed and the doctor even moved my c/s date a day earlier since according to him "it was obvious I was not going to be going into labor even if we waited" and the day worked better for his schedule so he could check on me a day after the C/S before he leaves town for a conference. However, somehow in between lots of prayers, squats, walking, dtd, etc., something changed to convince my stubborn little princess to make a move for it on Saturday night (went in Sunday am). She still stayed way up high even throughout labor and vacuum had to be used but she was out by Sunday afternoon. I still think back and it seems so surreal. It really encourages me that no matter how impossible a situation looks, things can change around in a matter of seconds. There is hope always! And, even if she had been a repeat c-section, the fact that she is alive and healthy today would still have made it all worth it.
marybethsmom and Jinnah like this.

Sisters, friends forever
September 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I remember your birth story like it was last month! I can't believe it will be a year on Monday!!! Do you have any special birthday plans?

This time last year I was pretty content, Ruby has over a month to go til her birthday, so I wasn't really expecting anything to happen just yet. I don't think I really had any concerns or complaints at this point.
yashobo likes this.
September 26th, 2013, 09:47 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
I remember being so excited and still could not believe I was blessed to have another child after so many years of infertility.Especially at 40 years old. Emma was due mid October. She came Nov 2. I was so uncomfortable but just full of joy and excitement to meet our baby. My husband was and still is like a 25 year old dad. Having a baby at our age has made us both feel young. We both would be thrilled beyond belief if we had another.
yashobo likes this.
September 27th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoncreampie View Post
This time last year I was pretty content, Ruby has over a month to go til her birthday, so I wasn't really expecting anything to happen just yet. I don't think I really had any concerns or complaints at this point.
Nothing big for her. I will pick her cake up on sunday and take her to go get some pictures taken at the studio. And we'll just sing happy birthday to her. We'll probably eat her 5 inch cake on sunday and eat the cupcakes on monday or vice versa but since we are picking the cake up on sunday, I figured she might as well get 2 days of celebration; she came on a sunday last year so we will celebrate her birthDAY on sunday and her birthDATE on monday

BTW, babymama10, Emma shares birthdate with my dd1. She is Nov 2, 2009. Great day to be born

Sisters, friends forever
September 27th, 2013, 09:06 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
My mom was in town and being awful. She came early because I've been known to go into labor early. Well, I didn't go into labor and the closer we got to the due date (Oct. 9th), the more it started looking like I was going to be overdue! I did wind up being induced on the due date, but I was really stressed because of the way my mom was behaving.

DH was so supportive about that, and would take me walking every day after work to try to get me to go into labor before her flight was set to leave. I was so excited to see our little guy... I remember the anticipation and how exciting that was!
yashobo likes this.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
September 27th, 2013, 04:52 PM
I do remember your mom being in town and us praying for the baby to come while she was around but baby had his plan. It all just seems like yesterday. I read each story and I start remembering some of the details Has it really been that long?

I wish I could have been just be as relaxed as Kristen and babymama10 were but I didn't want a c-section so I wanted her out before the date plus I was having PSD so I was done with being pregnant.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
September 27th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Yes, my husband was due home from deployment but at the time I didn't know it yet
yashobo likes this.

September 28th, 2013, 08:15 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
I had exactly 1 month to go before Eli came along apparently... happy 11 months to my boo, btw!
yashobo likes this.

September 29th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my shower 1 year ago today. I had thrown out my back while rolling over in bed the week before and was getting really worried about how I'd do during labor and delivery. I still had just over a month and a half before my due date but little did I know I was exactly one month away from being induced!
yashobo likes this.

September 30th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I looked back at my Facebook. I finished the nursery that weekend. Remember sweating and cussing putting up that dang vinyl wall thing. I was so ready, it was hot and I was miserable!
yashobo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search