PR merger

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kristen, I think it's an excuse as well. Things get missed all the time on FB.

I'm not really sure what it is about JM that is causing it to die out everywhere. A friend told me she lurks at the What to Expect forum and they have so many people posting there is a post every minute! I think an app might help because more and more people are browsing just from phones and tablets these days but not sure it's the whole problem.
Jinnah likes this.

October 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Well, if the ladies on here that are not on fb were on fb, I wouldn't care. I just don't want to lose touch with any of you!

If we could at least stay as active as we were, today, we'd have no problem!

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
October 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think that's the problem. I understand wanting to make people aware of potential mergers but when it gets posted on FB you have some people come over for like a week or two and then it goes dead again. It's kinda not fair to the people who make an effort to check in here regularly and, in my opinion, the thoughts of people who post here regularly outweigh those who only check in when a potential merger is announced.

October 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
agreed.
October 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's why when posting on the FB... we should have just stated we're thinking of doing this, and since ya'll dont post here much if at all, you cannot vote.. .lol

October 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I don't see the point in cross posting things on Facebook. If they don't see it here, they aren't active members and their opinions shouldn't matter.
Zukin, LoverlyJules and Belita like this.
October 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Im not on facebook...AT ALL. Not that I havent added any of you guys, I just dont even have an account. So if we lose touch on JM, then thats it I guess. Sad...

I actually dont want to merge. I just dont post tons anymore b/c i get busy. And when Im on the computer, Coleson loves to bang on keypad. And wants held and is a wiggle worm. Night time is my only peaceful time to be on here!

October 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Yeah, I agree. That's why it better if everyone also posts what they voted so we can put more weight on those that are only members here (or check in regularly).

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
October 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I hate this. I hate that FB inevitably ruins the JM experience. I hate that when things migrate to FB, it means people lose touch with those not on FB. I hate that JM has gone down the crapper with it's hyperlinks, pop up ads, slow loading, etc. I've been on JM since 2007, and it has been a HUGE part of my parenting experience. That being said, I find myself getting more and more frustrated with the JM experience. I don't think a merger will fix anything, but it may keep things moving along for a bit longer. I agree with Kristen that the whole website is probably going down the tubes.
LoverlyJules likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search