BOTW- birth story Jonah

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Summerdays12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
It really isn't exciting..but a very special day nonetheless.

I woke up at around 6 to prepare for my planned csection. I took one last belly photo and it was somewhat sad that my pregnancy journey was almost over. Never in a million years did I ever expect to have another baby. My oldest child is 16 and youngest 14 at the time. It was time to leave! We picked up doughnuts for the staff in L&D on the way. We checked in delivered the doughnuts and in just two short hoursI would be new mama to Jonah. While my nurse did all the pre baby stuff with me my hubby ran home to grab a shower and do some last minute things lol. I think he was nervous. Lets skip ahead to when I was getting wheeled into the OR. It took a good 15 minutes to get the spinal done. It was so painful for me that's I kept moving and jerking around. The anesthesiologist really was annoyed with me. My hubby made it into the OR and sat beside my side. I made him promise not to look over ther curtain because I did not want to see any reaction from him if he saw something unpleasant..I was afraid it would scare me. He never once looked over. I felt a lot of tugging and pulling and I don't ever remember feeling that with my other two so that was new for me. I can't remember what my husband and I talked about but we were talking. I stopped him mid sentence and said " Jonah's out" a second later we hear his loud loud cry!!! My husband had tears I had tears I have tears now thinking back on this precious moment. It seemed like it took years for the doctor to show him to us. He was was soooo chunky and his little mouth open wide screaming...poor little guy. My husband went over to him while they checked him out. I remember saying I need to feel him and touch him. They brought him over and laid him next to me. We nuzzled noses and he was blowing bubbles. We laid cheek to cheek for what seemed like a long time. I smelled his breath and it was heavenly. My husband went with Jonah to the nursery where his bother, sister, and grandmother were waiting. They watched while he got weighed and dressed. By the time I was in recovery he was ready to be with me. My husband arrived with Jonah. The nurse took him to me and we cuddled and then he latched on..it was beautiful. He suckled for the whole time I was in recovery. I made it to my room and we just enjoyed our new son. Lots of skin to skin, pictures. I just stared at him so much and was amazed that just a few hours before he was in utero...still amazes me. What a moment

October 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Awww, how sweet. What a great birth story.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
October 29th, 2013, 06:33 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a sweet story; thanks for sharing

Sisters, friends forever
October 29th, 2013, 07:51 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Such a sweet story, I really liked reading it! And so sweet of you to bring donuts. And I still can't believe you have teenagers, you are a hot mama!
October 31st, 2013, 06:07 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Agree with Kristen! I forget sometimes. You look too young to have teenagers.

What a beautiful, beautiful birth story. I was smiling as I read it because it was just so full of emotion. Love!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search