Trick-or-treating

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 11:13 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Is everyone going Trick-or-treating tonight? Will if be your baby's first time or did they go last year? What costume will your baby wear? What about your other kids? Are you going in your own neighborhood or somewhere else? How long will you stay out?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
October 31st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
We are going this year! I did not take Jonah out last year. My daughter is going with her friends to trick or treat at the mansions and she is dressing as a hippy. Not sure if my oldest son is going out. I'm going with some friends and their babies but we will just do a maybe one side of the street. We'll see. Jonah won't get to eat any of the candy though.nit ready to give him and and also because of his allergies.

October 31st, 2013, 11:56 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
were going its his first haloween it was 2 cold and he was barely even released from the hospital last year..........he is mikey from the teenage mutant ninja turtles were going to a trick or treat event at our mall and maybe a house or 2 on the way there if any are handing stuff out along the way ill problly let him try a few candys like mini chocholote bars or something but most is going to me lol

October 31st, 2013, 12:01 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
We are going this year. Elijah is going at a bat, our oldest ds is going to be a ghost, dd a popstar cat, and ds is going as Batman. Most likely, we will stay in our neighborhood.

We did not go last year because Elijah was so young. We just did indoor trick-or-treating and watched a movie.

October 31st, 2013, 12:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went last year, lol... and this'll be her second time, if she's feeling better. Still feverish from the 1-year shots yesterday, and sleeping like a baby right now <3

here's her costume though that we put on a week ago to see how it fit

October 31st, 2013, 01:56 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We went to a Halloween party this morning and will trick-or-treat at our neighbors' houses this evening; this will be the babies' first time. George is a tiger and Abigail is a monkey All candy will go in the trash; we made Halloween sugar cookies today and that will be their treat.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

October 31st, 2013, 05:29 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
DH's work needed a manager to stay later, so DH had to to it... he isn't off until 8 and it takes 45 minutes to get home. Total game plan change. Our two oldest went with their neighborhood friends. Younger ds went Trick-or-treating at the neighbors while I watched from the window (Elijah was so tired and fussing trying to go to sleep, so I didn't want to take him out).

I cannot believe I bought a costume for Elijah and he hasn't even put it on today! He's knocked out, now, so I'm not attempting to take him out. He was too young last year, so he still hasn't been!

October 31st, 2013, 07:34 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad some of the littles enjoyed it. Don't really go out of my way for Halloween since I don't believe in it and didn't grow up celebrating it. That been said, if they were doing something at my church or my child's school I let them dress up in something not too outrageous (cheerleader, etc.). My church did a fall party and had car trunk trick r treating last sunday but dd1 was sick. Did nothing with both of them today. She couldn't even wear her Halloween-related t-shirt to school because it was picture day at their school and I wanted her to wear something nicer.
babymama10 and Jinnah like this.

Sisters, friends forever
October 31st, 2013, 07:38 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Me and Dh took DS1 tricker treating in our neighborhood and some others close by. Coleson didnt go though. Grandma came over and we asked if she could watch him. No sense in getting him out in the chilly weather.

Coleson and I went to a Halloween party at the library this morning and then to DS1's school Halloween party! It was quite the day today!

DS1 was a ghost and Coleson was a doggie.

October 31st, 2013, 09:32 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
We never did or do Halloween. I am not at all against anyone else doing it but we as a family are not o.k. with this day.
November 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I didn't know some of you don't celebrate. Some years, we do not. I almost didn't, at all, this year. I don't like what the holiday stands for, but I don't see the harm in Trick-or-Treating. So I'm on the fence with this holiday.

November 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At the school a lot of kids didn't celebrate because they believe it's the Devil's birthday. Of course one year a kid then asked to sing Happy Birthday to the Devil! lol He didn't understand why that was a bad idea.

I took Sean out to our library's trick or treat event. They trick or treat in the library and then walk across the street to the town hall where all the workers are dressed up and stand in a line handing out candy. We then went to my sister's neighborhood. She lives in a neighborhood where people drive in to go trick or treating. We went to more houses than we planned to, but we had fun!

Sean was born 11 minutes before Halloween last year so we were in the hospital. No trick or treating, but he did dress up as a watermelon! This year he was a vampire.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search