BOTW - Questions and answers

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2013, 03:51 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please ask away. I copied Sonja's questions below and I will answer them first.

How hard has it been to relocate to another country and then back again with the girls? It has not been too bad given I came back earlier to deliver Luyando. Maybe because I travel a bit with the girls, we are used to change. Plus we just moved back to our house in the US so no change on this end
How on earth do you find all the things and places you need to go to like stores, churches, doctors, and all? In Australia it wasn't that difficult. Probably because I make friends way too easily and I am not shy to ask. Doctors - they use general practitioners like the British system so you usually just go to one around where you live. They don't do peds or OBs until late in pregnancy or if there is complications. Didn't bother with an OB there since I wasn't delivering there.
Do the girls speak another language? Not really but they understand my language particularly when I need to warn them to behave or there'll be consequences when we are outside. They understand words like take, thank you, etc. DD1 loves to sing in my language. Hoping they understand more with time.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
November 1st, 2013, 08:38 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How different or similar are the girl's personalities?

Does DH feel outnumbered by girls?
yashobo likes this.

November 1st, 2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverlyJules View Post
How different or similar are the girl's personalities?

I think they are quite different. DD1 was a sweet and peaceful baby. She is becoming more of a drama queen as she grows. Luyando on the other hand was a bit difficult as a baby and she still can be difficult; she knows what she wants and you cannot change her mind. DD1 is also a girly girl; I don't think Luyando will be as much. However, they are similar in that they are both very giggly and would laugh at anything. They also both are mama's girls although they love their dad a lot too.

Does DH feel outnumbered by girls?

He probably feels like that at times. I talk a lot and the girls got that from me. DH is a very quiet person so he gets tired of all our talking On the other hand, he has a lot of sisters so he is probably used to it.
LoverlyJules likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
November 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
What made you move to Australia? Do you miss it at all now that you are back? Totally not baby related.

Are you going to have more children? What's the best thing about having two girls?
yashobo likes this.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
November 1st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
What made you move to Australia? Do you miss it at all now that you are back? Totally not baby related.
Moved to Austraia because DH got a great job opportunity there plus we were up for the adventure I miss some parts of it. They had great parks and there was always something to do. They are a very family oriented society so parks were always full of parents doing stuff with kids. They also had a great public transportation system hence I walked more to bus stops and kept fit. And the last thing I miss is the excellent swimming school the girls went to. We started one here and it is definitely not the level of what I am used to. DD1 is in class with kids 5 years older than her because there is not much emphasis on swimming here.

Are you going to have more children? What's the best thing about having two girls?
No done having kids. May adopt in future. I love having two girls (more than I thought). They are best friends with each other. I love dressing them up and we get to pass clothes on
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
November 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
You have such an interesting life! Do you have any pics that show the scenery in Australia? I really want to travel, but until we are able to, I have to live through others!

November 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
I will do a post with some pics from Australia - scenery mainly. Most of the beach and playground scenes were 10 mins drive from our house; the playground was right off the beach and dd1 loved going there a lot. There are also some scenes of Brisbane city which is where I worked.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
November 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
I will do a post with some pics from Australia - scenery mainly. Most of the beach and playground scenes were 10 mins drive from our house; the playground was right off the beach and dd1 loved going there a lot. There are also some scenes of Brisbane city which is where I worked.
Yay! Can't wait to see them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search