Decorating for the holidays

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2013, 02:54 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Who here goes all out with decorations? Either fall/thanksgiving, or Christmas? I'd love to see some pics!
We don't decorate much at all. I'd love to but we live on a country road, not in a neighborhood, so I feel like the decorations would just be for us and for some reason, I just lack motivation. I'd love to start decorating more, now that we have a little one. I did make a fall wreath a few days ago and I'm planning on making a Christmas one soon.

November 3rd, 2013, 06:59 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't decorate for any holidays except Christmas. We put up a tree and I have a wreath that my dad made that we hang on the door.

We do host Thanksgiving, but we don't decorate ... just make a bunch of food!

November 3rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I decorate for Fall...wreaths on the doors, fall rugs, fake fall leaves wound around the banisters, etc. We decorate for Christmas usually the day or two after Thanksgiving once we've finished eating all the pie I really love Fall/Thanksgiving, so it is hard not to go overboard.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

November 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just did pumpkins on the front steps for our fall decorations. I go all out for Christmas! Every room in the house gets decorated. We didn't last year because Sean was a newborn but this year I plan to do everything again. We don't have a lot of guests, but it makes me happy. We live on a major road so the outside does get seen and I want that to look nice. We decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving.

November 3rd, 2013, 07:33 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I used to only do a Christmas tree but with the kids getting older I was motivated to decorate my mantle a bit for fall and will continue to do so for all the holidays. It wasn't anything over the top, just some garland on the fireplace, a little scarecrow, a basket of fake pumpkins, etc...
November 3rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I usually do, but I'm not sure what we'll do this year living with my parents.

November 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
Yes we sure do! Except form this year. The move really is shaking things up

November 4th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Super Mommy
We start right after Thanksgiving.
Nina, we always lived way out in the country and still decorated. Even before we had so many children. It feels so "homey" around Christmas and happy to do this even when there isnt money for high end decorations and gifts. So many things can be made these days with crafts and things from the woods.
Not many people saw our house because we lived off the beaten path but it was still so worth it. Especially for the pictures of the children in the house around Christmas time. It brings back such lovely memories.
November 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do decorations only for xmas. I wish I did more in the other seasons. For xmas, we have the xmas tree, wreath on door, and I put red ribbons on the pines trees in our yard (we have about 7 of them). Dh usually does the outside lights.

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search