Eating habits revisited

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
How is your little one eating nowadays? Anyone still breastfeeding? Bottle feeding? What types of solids is your baby eating?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
November 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding and pumping at school. She's taking BM out of a sippy at my mom's house. She loves cheese, yogurt, veggie/fruit pouches, and puffs. For dinner she will take small bites with a fork of pretty much whatever I am eating.

November 4th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
New thing...Jonah won't meat. He loves everything but meat. His favorite is a bowl of homemade veggie soup with a side of berries. Still breastfeeding.

November 4th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just dropped the formula a few days ago and she's strictly on whole milk 8oz. She eats all veggies, and is slowly coming around to meat. However, she does love it when we have pork and turkey some of the days. Chicken, ground beef, ham etc is coming to her slowly <3

November 5th, 2013, 09:47 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still breastfeeding and still refusing anything but watered down juice in his sippy

as far as food he hate purees (only eats the squeeze pouch kind) so hes almost all real food.

his favorite is actually breads especilly pancakes, or french bread but he cant have much becuse he still has trouble procesing it although he seems to be growing out of that.

he eats mostly meats (chicken, fish, steak, pork, sausage) veggies (cucumber, zuchiniee, sweet potato, avacado) & fruit (mango, grapes, apple, peach)

he can be really finicky though what he likes 1 week he wont touch the next we went though like 4 days earlier he whould only eat grapes (thank goodness his still nureing) then for the last 2 days he wants everyting edible. the kid had lentil soup and liked it go figure.

November 5th, 2013, 10:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
George and Abigail are little garbage disposals They eat whatever we eat and drink whole milk and water. I don't think there is anything they won't eat or don't like. Avacado, papaya, and green beans are probably their favorites.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

November 5th, 2013, 10:46 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Luyando LOVES meat! She eyes it even in other people's plate. She prefers beef but will also eat chicken, turkey, and fish. Fish was her favorite previously. She eats cereals mixed with apple sauce puree or yogurt for breakfast. Table food (often African food) for lunch with meat and the rice, vanilla, mango pouch for dinner; yogurt is also a favorite dessert for dinner. She also eats off our plates a lot. Forgot to write that she drinks whole milk. 2 to 3 5-6oz bottles per day.
bostoncreampie likes this.

Sisters, friends forever

Last edited by yashobo; November 6th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
November 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Elijah is still breastfeeding. I want to wean him, but he's not going for it.

As far as solids, he eats baby cereal with a fruit puree for breakfast. He doesn't really want lunch, most of the time. For dinner, he has been eating little bits of what we are having as long as it is soft. He had some chicken soup last night. He loves potatoes. He likes the baby puffs.

Drink wise, he will take sips of water and 100% juice. Less willing to drink milk.

November 5th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just in! Kathy Marie loves eel! I had sushi today for lunch and gave her pieces of Eel and she cried when I ran out! LOL!!
bostoncreampie likes this.

November 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
LOL. I can't even eat anything nowadays because Elijah comes along and throws a fit until I give him some.

November 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
Elijah Spencer (I will make him go by this name now because of all the Eli's in this group haha) eats EVERYTHING now. We are a BLW family and it took him months to actually start eating regular baby portions of foods, but right now, he's a garbage disposal too. He gets 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. We are still breastfeeding but cutting off the 4pm feed to replace with coconut/almond or hemp milk (5oz). He still feeds at 7am, 9am, 12pm (for nap), 2pm (nap wake up), and 6:45-8:00 for bedtime. And numerous times a night. In about a week's time, I will then remove the 9am feed and replace with a 5oz sippy too. Then we'll only have wake up, nap and bedtime as nursings, plus nighttime.

He is so different with his eating personality compared to his brother, Samuel. The kid will literally eat anything I give him. Be it black olives, falafel, any veg or fruit, and beans. We are vegan so no dairy, eggs or meat... or honey for that matter.

November 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I'm still nursing and Ruby gets water to drink and eats just about anything. She also loves meat! Organic hot dogs are her favorite. She eats so much sometimes. She almost ate a whole english muffin pizza the other day. For dinner she eats whatever the rest of us have and eats a big serving! She isn't a huge breakfast fan though. I need to figure out some new ideas.
November 10th, 2013, 06:51 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Emmy is still nursing. Predominantly, I'd say. Some days she's much more into solids than others.
I've discovered that she really likes zucchini! I sautéed it in a bit of butter and then bite the peel of and she goes to town! I slice it in rounds...
She usually eats fruit in the morning; banana or pear are her staples. Or apples, cooked in a bit of butter. She also loves the rice puffs and the pouches, any kind really but prefers the ones that are all, or at least mostly, fruit.
Lunch is usually a pouch and some rice crackers or puffs and dinner whatever we are eating. She does great eating a pretty large variety. She's had lentils and really likes those!

November 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sean is on table food. Breakfast is usually yogurt. He is a bread lover and protests if he can't have crackers or bread. He is becoming more picky in his food choices so hoping that is short-lived. We are still breastfeeding, but are working on weaning. I give him cups of EBM (that I pumped when he was younger) at meals and snacks, then nurse on demand the rest of the time.

November 11th, 2013, 04:00 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I got a few toddler meals from the store and Elijah seems to like them. They aren't for every meal, but occasionally he has them if I don't feel like he can have what we are having for dinner.

Has anyone else tried these? I think they are Gerber.

November 12th, 2013, 03:30 AM
When you give your kiddo a sippy with milk do they drink it all at once like a bottle or do they sip off of it for a while?

November 12th, 2013, 03:36 AM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Madalyn drinks BM out of a sippy and drinks it throughout the day. My mom will just offer it to her each time she eats something. She's not allowed to carry it around. If she wants some, she needs to be in the kitchen.

November 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Erin, for Sean it's a bit of both. I don't completely defrost the milk before putting it in his cup so that way it is okay being out of the fridge for longer since it stays colder. I offer it to him at every meal and put it in the fridge between meals. After dinner it stays out until bedtime and he sips as he goes. He has a cup of water that he is able to drink from at any time when playing.

November 13th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Ok then..Jonah only sips his milk with meals and it isn't much at all. He usually has water with his snacks or whenever he asks.

November 19th, 2013, 02:16 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Elijah is doing wonderfully with his transition away from purees. He loves to eat different things that we are having... so cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search