Christmas tree

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
When are you putting up your tree? Is it becoming more common to do it before Thanksgiving? I usually wait until at least December 1st, but I think we've done it a little bit earlier before (after Thanksgiving). I've also waited until a week before Christmas, or even a little less than a week. I have a friend who just loves Christmas and already has hers up, but I don't think she is the only one... I think a lot of people are starting to do this. What are your thoughts? Does it take away from Thanksgiving or just add to it?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
November 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My parents have always done it after halloween and before T-day.. we're gonna do it next week

November 17th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The weekend after Thanksgiving. I LOVE Christmas but I like to get through Thanksgiving first.
Zukin likes this.

November 17th, 2013, 06:35 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Black Friday is our Christmas tree day!

November 17th, 2013, 07:39 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It doesn't take away from thanksgiving but I think it takes away from Christmas... Having it up so long as well as the Christmas music for that long sort of loses its magic. We do it after thanksgiving.
LoverlyJules likes this.
November 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love christmas but I love it enough to wait to get thanksgiving out of the way so I can focus on just xmas. All my xmas stuff is in aussie so have to buy from scratch Not one bit happy about that as I have acquired nice stuff over the years.

Sisters, friends forever
November 18th, 2013, 07:56 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I agree. I like to take one holiday at a time. Plus, with Elijah walking around, it will just be too difficult to have it up that long. DH and I are actually rearranging everything so Elijah doesn't have to stay in the living room only. A Christmas tree will make that more difficult. I am in a serious declutter mood right now, too! I'm getting rid of everything we don't regularly use... it's an awesome feeling.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
November 19th, 2013, 06:23 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it will be after thanksgiveing for sure ....respect the turkey ppl.......for us it may actually be pretty late in dec to........ we lost our "tree" (yeah we are fake tree users) when our apt flooded earlier this year and not much of anything is in our budget right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search