Thanksgiving plans

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Zukin
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina
  • 1 Post By ellinj0206

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2013, 02:04 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
What are your Thanksgiving plans? Do you have family coming to your house? Are you going somewhere else? What are you having to eat? What are you having for dessert? Are you going Black Friday shopping after?

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
November 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're doing Thanksgiving with my dad. My sister is due Dec 4th so we might have an exciting Thanksgiving depending on when she goes into labor!

We'll do turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, veggies, apple pie for dessert.

I'll shop the deals online. No desire to go to the stores for me!

November 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Do you have family coming to your house? We host.

Are you going somewhere else? See above

What are you having to eat? Turkey, ham, cheesy potatoes, corn, mashed potatoes, veggies and dip, stuffing, squash. DH's sister brings desserts ... my mom will bring some g-free stuff for me.

What are you having for dessert? See above

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? Probably not going shopping on Black Friday ... MAYBE my mom and I will go out later in the day.

November 20th, 2013, 06:30 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
What are your Thanksgiving plans? We are traveling up to Warsaw, MO, 2 1/2 hours north to my sisters. All of my family is going there for Thanksgiving. We are celebrating it this Saturday and staying 1 night there. The Saturday after Thanksgiving will be dinner with Dh's family. All the same yummy foods at there house. (Christmas is our hosting holiday.)
Do you have family coming to your house? On Thanksgiving Day, my MIL will be coming over and we will have a another dinner!
Are you going somewhere else? Above..
What are you having to eat? Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, veggie trays, sweet potatoes and stuffing.
What are you having for dessert? Pecan Pie, Pumpkin pie (of course), cherry cheesecake, brownies.
Are you going Black Friday shopping after? Yes! Picking up a few gifts at Walmart and Shoe Carnival.

Last edited by jlstebbins; November 20th, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
November 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Summerdays12's Avatar Erin&Aaron's1st!
No plans. My husband is not home and the big kids are going with their dad.

November 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerdays12 View Post
No plans. My husband is not home and the big kids are going with their dad.
We don't live near family, so we don't really have plans.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? Thanksgiving dinner at home.

Do you have family coming to your house? No, we don't live near family.

What are you having to eat? We are probably going to have Thanksgiving dinner catered. I know, I know, but it's good and easy. We'll make our own desserts. We've had it catered twice before... we don't always do it. We'll have turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, a veggie (probably asparagus), Hawaiian rolls, sparkling cider.

What are you having for dessert? Not sure yet. Probably pie with vanilla ice cream. Possibly brownies.

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? Maybe for a little bit... haven't decided yet.

Last edited by Jinnah; November 21st, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
November 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are your Thanksgiving plans? Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house.

Do you have family coming to your house? No, we don't live near family.

What are you having to eat? Whatever she makes. Normally I cook and we stay home but dh is not home this year so don't feel like cooking or staying home.

What are you having for dessert? Not sure; whatever my friend offers.

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? Most likely not.

Sisters, friends forever
November 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have family coming to your house? Not this year. See below.

Are you going somewhere else? We are. We have 1 family member coming from diamondhead, MS (my aunt) and we are going to the Hilton Hotel to eat. We used to do this every year when I was little, with all of our family.

What are you having to eat? A little bit of everything. I am really not sure what all they're going to have but we are going to have like a breakfast & then lunch

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? Don't have the money, and I disagree they are moving "black friday" to the day OF thanksgiving, it's ridiculous!!!

November 23rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukin View Post
Do you have family coming to your house? Not this year. See below.

Are you going somewhere else? We are. We have 1 family member coming from diamondhead, MS (my aunt) and we are going to the Hilton Hotel to eat. We used to do this every year when I was little, with all of our family.

What are you having to eat? A little bit of everything. I am really not sure what all they're going to have but we are going to have like a breakfast & then lunch

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? Don't have the money, and I disagree they are moving "black friday" to the day OF thanksgiving, it's ridiculous!!!
I forgot about how the Hilton does that. Is it fun? Is the food good? It's expensive, but it sounds good.

November 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As far as i can remember it is! You got LOTS of food. I don't know what it cost 15 years ago, but in 2013, it is 42$/person. lol
Jinnah likes this.

November 23rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukin View Post
As far as i can remember it is! You got LOTS of food. I don't know what it cost 15 years ago, but in 2013, it is 42$/person. lol
I looked at the menu... looks really good! I know they do it for a lot of occasions... we'll have to try it one day. What do you do between breakfast and lunch?
Zukin likes this.

November 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
We are going to SC to eat lunch with Bryan's family on his dad's side. We get together at his aunt's house and we usually go every year and then spend Christmas with the family up here in NC.
As far as food; they really have a little bit of everything! It's a lot of food. I'm bringing a dessert, probably strawberry rhubarb cobbler.
Jinnah likes this.

November 23rd, 2013, 07:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
I looked at the menu... looks really good! I know they do it for a lot of occasions... we'll have to try it one day. What do you do between breakfast and lunch?
I think it switches it in between. I'll update on T-day for ya lol

November 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
We are going to my parents house. I think they are planning on turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole, green beans, and a bunch of pies. No Black Friday shopping for me.
November 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What are your Thanksgiving plans?
my parnts are comeing day after but actuall thanksgiving is just us.

Are you going somewhere else? nope

What are you having to eat? Turkey, mashed taters an gravy, stuffing, yams, green beans, cranbery sauce, black olives, rolls

What are you having for dessert? apple pie

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? nope may go on actual black friday im not sure what my parnts are planning to do but thats there chioce iv no attachment to the event.

November 27th, 2013, 07:27 PM
ellinj0206's Avatar Mom to Alexandra Jane
Send a message via Skype™ to ellinj0206
What are your Thanksgiving plans? For the first time in about 6 years we are not hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house and are instead going to my parents. I am thrilled that dinner will be made for me and I have been asked not to do anything or bring anything at all and to just relax and enjoy the day.

Do you have family coming to your house? No, we are going to my parents house.

What are you having to eat? Turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes, carrot and turnip, brussel sprouts, gravy.

What are you having for dessert? A choice of apple or peach (or both!) pie with ice cream.

Are you going Black Friday shopping after? No way---I don't like the crowds and do the "cyber" thing.
Zukin likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search