Updates on LOs

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By yashobo
  • 4 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By Zukin
  • 1 Post By abur
  • 1 Post By myfavoriteshoes
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 2 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2014, 06:13 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's new with new with your LOs? New words? Running? Tumbling? Climbing?

Ms. Luyando is very active. Since she's started walking it's been a chore keeping up with her. At stores, I have to make sure she is in her stroller or a cart otherwise she just walks away without looking back. And she is extra friendly with strangers who are not necessarily trying to pet or carry her (she uses reverse psychology and shies from those trying to e friendly). When she goes with me to DD1's dance class, she is constanty moving, trying to get in the dance classes, going to say hi to everyone in the waiting room, etc. She is also saying more words and learning how to say sorry (she rubs your head). She is such a happy little girl. I am so thankful God blessed me with her

Sisters, friends forever
January 24th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Madalyn is doing well. She's walking all over. She loves exploring the house and opening/closing all the doors. Haven't given her the freedom to walk around in stores, she is always in a cart or stroller. She loves saying HI to people in stores but then shies away as soon as they talk back! She doesn't say many "real" words, but she is constantly babbling/pointing/grunting so she's trying to communicate.

January 25th, 2014, 10:01 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
newest development- we just picked up pointing and waving last night IDK what inspired him but he is going to town with the pointing all day today

physically- we walk run & climb although we still fall alot

verbally- hes got mama, dada, and kihdah (kitty) but thats it.... he does understand/ follow directions though (well at least he knows how to whether or not he actually follows them or screams at me and tries to slap me for telling him what to do is hit & miss lol)

what hes up to- he is very much into how stuff works right now hes all about what does this button do, where does this wire lead, how does this go together, hes also gotten alot more interested in books and songs especially rhymes this past month.
yashobo likes this.

January 25th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No walking yet She was walking between Oct - Dec... and then just stopped. However she's climbing on so much! No talking yet, but she does knoweverything we say and do. She has almost all her baby teeth on the bottom! Not sure about on top... Her hair is grown in more than what it was... <3
yashobo likes this.

January 28th, 2014, 11:31 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Besides rough nights, Hannah is a great baby! She's so smart and cute. She is really good at repeating the things we say, so has learned a ton of words this way. She climbs everything! She will pull out the kitchen chair that has her booster seat on it at meal times when she's ready to eat, goes to the basement door when she sees me with the laundry basket (laundry room is downstairs), and brushes her hair. She points at everything and says what sounds like "what's that?". She's curious about everything! She gives the best hugs and is friendly with everyone. She actually went to a stranger the other day when DH was swearing in she's a mess!
yashobo likes this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

January 29th, 2014, 12:53 PM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
He talks, and talks, and talks... He's got over 50 understandable words now, I guess. I haven't really counted, but there's a lot.

He is all over the place. So active all the time.

Still BFing like a madman, and I don't see an end in sight... I will get to 2, and then we'll see where we stand with this.
yashobo likes this.

January 30th, 2014, 04:08 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Jamison is my cautious little one. He could TOTALLY walk, and has taken some steps, but prefers to crawl! He has actually invented another "step" between crawling and walking, and is now walking around on his KNEES He is babbling a ton, and says MAMA, DA, and BUH (brother), and has also said GUK for "truck" and "duck". He is a total climber, and can scale the furniture in no time flat. His newest milestones are pointing to his nose, eye or belly when asked, giving hugs, and waving bye bye opening and closing the palm of the hand. He is a total joy, and such a sweetheart. He also has a TEMPER! He routinely bangs his head on the floor on purpose, or against pieces of furniture if he is angry, and has mastered the fake sympathy cry too. Love him to pieces!
yashobo likes this.

January 30th, 2014, 05:37 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Love these updates...sounds like everyone is doing great!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 30th, 2014, 07:32 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, our babies are growing. Wonder if we "saw" their personality from babyhood. Luyando always had a temper and still does but I didn't know she was going to be so active. The ladies in our church nursery called her a daredevil yesterday (in a good way). She outdoes the boys in the nursery in climbing and maneuvering different stunts even though she is so small compared to them all. And she has no fear! DD1 was totally not like that; the ladies thought since they look so much alike physically that they'll be alike in their temperament and personality and were they so wrong!

Sisters, friends forever
February 1st, 2014, 02:16 PM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Emmy has started running about 2 days ago! It's really cute to watch; she will go up and down the hallway, tickled pink with herself.
She doesn't really say any actual words yet, other than "duck", but she does make animal sounds. Meow, baaaa, mooo. Those are some of her favorites! And her sign language is really taking off! She now signs:
mommy, daddy, dog, cat, more, all done, auntie, eat, water, help, baby, diaper, raisin... and I am sure I'm forgetting some. We've been working on cracker, book and duck.
yashobo and LoverlyJules like this.

February 3rd, 2014, 06:08 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Elijah is the most wild out of our four. He is all over the place... giggling about it, too.

He says quite a few words for his age. Love to hear him talk. He also does a lot of talking in his own language... has very long conversations!

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search