Stroller issues

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By NewGurl
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By Jinnah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 02:11 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
The first stroller we got was a stroller/car seat combo. The seat in the stroller was slightly reclined at the most upright position, and Elijah likes to sit straight up, so he never rested his head on the back... I was always worried he was straining. I wound up having DH toss it in the garage because I never used it.

I bought an umbrella stroller, but I didn't like the way his back was always curved in it. We have used it a lot, but it was always supposed to be temporary and for quick outings.

I bought a jogging stroller and was really excited about it... but when I ran it vibrated in a horrible way and also didn't sit completely straight when upright... still had a recline. I took it back and exchanged it for a regular lightweight stroller that has a completely straight back when upright... Elijah loved it. I'm a little worried because the floor model had an odd vibration... different that the jogging stroller that vibrated side to side. The associate said she felt it and said it shouldn't do that. I bought one and am hoping it was just a defect in the floor model.

Has anyone else had this much trouble with strollers?! Any recommendations? I don't want to spend over $100 at this point.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.

Last edited by Jinnah; February 19th, 2014 at 05:32 AM.
February 18th, 2014, 08:10 PM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
assuming you got a baby trend jogger from that description....... you have to lock the front wheel although eventually after so much use it will vibrate even when locked.

Iv used a baby trend jogger exclusively since connor was born its practically dead now but its served us very well for the price it gets basically daily off road use and has even hauled an air conditioner twice lol. Im no help as far as finding something else though I used a lightweight my mom has for my nephew once and hated it chouldnt even push the thing through a parkinglot all I know is im planing to get a graco fast action folding jogger when the babytrend bites the dust.

February 19th, 2014, 05:35 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
assuming you got a baby trend jogger from that description....... you have to lock the front wheel although eventually after so much use it will vibrate even when locked.

Iv used a baby trend jogger exclusively since connor was born its practically dead now but its served us very well for the price it gets basically daily off road use and has even hauled an air conditioner twice lol. Im no help as far as finding something else though I used a lightweight my mom has for my nephew once and hated it chouldnt even push the thing through a parkinglot all I know is im planing to get a graco fast action folding jogger when the babytrend bites the dust.
Yes, I believe it was a babytrend. I didn't know you had to lock the front wheel... doesn't that make it difficult to turn when you are jogging? Do you have to stop to turn? I had it locked at first and it was hard for me to turn it while I was just walking. I had to literally stop and turn hard.

February 19th, 2014, 07:16 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I normally push down on the handle bar so that it rocks back on just the back wheels and pivot but it can be a bit of a hassle when its loaded down...... thats why I want the graco fast action folding jogger next (from what I understand) It doesnt have to be locked to jog. and its the only other quality jogger in my price range.
Jinnah likes this.

February 19th, 2014, 01:26 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
I normally push down on the handle bar so that it rocks back on just the back wheels and pivot but it can be a bit of a hassle when its loaded down...... thats why I want the graco fast action folding jogger next (from what I understand) It doesnt have to be locked to jog. and its the only other quality jogger in my price range.
I wish I would have bought the Graco that you are talking about... I'm pretty sure I saw that one and the price isn't bad. I had coupons at the time, so it would have been affordable.

Really hoping the stroller I got, yesterday, works out. Here it is:

Graco LiteRider Stroller - Odyssey - Graco - Babies "R" Us

February 20th, 2014, 12:05 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I think you will like the LiteRider. We have had the Graco Metrolite since Josiah was born in 2008, which I think is essentially the same stroller. That thing has held UP!! A part of me wishes I had sprung for a BOB early on, but I can't justify it now with the Graco still in perfect working condition, and Jamison being our last baby. The only time I get really frustrated with my stroller choice is in the summers when we are at the beach (4 blocks from our house). Unless you have a BOB or a Mountain Buggy, there is just no strollering across the sand.
Jinnah likes this.

February 20th, 2014, 05:58 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I hope that stroller works for you, Jinnah!

I love our strollers, but they were all pricey
Jinnah likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 20th, 2014, 07:13 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
I think you will like the LiteRider. We have had the Graco Metrolite since Josiah was born in 2008, which I think is essentially the same stroller. That thing has held UP!! A part of me wishes I had sprung for a BOB early on, but I can't justify it now with the Graco still in perfect working condition, and Jamison being our last baby. The only time I get really frustrated with my stroller choice is in the summers when we are at the beach (4 blocks from our house). Unless you have a BOB or a Mountain Buggy, there is just no strollering across the sand.
That's a long time! Does yours vibrate in a weird way when you push it? I bet it was just the display that did that.

Lucky you... four blocks from the beach!

February 20th, 2014, 06:16 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No advice. Left Luyando's stroller in australia and just have an umbrella one and this radio flyer one now Amazon.com : Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike Red : Childrens Tricycles : Toys & Games. Hope the one you got works for you.

Sisters, friends forever
February 20th, 2014, 06:33 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
No advice. Left Luyando's stroller in australia and just have an umbrella one and this radio flyer one now Amazon.com : Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Trike Red : Childrens Tricycles : Toys & Games. Hope the one you got works for you.
That's really cute!

February 21st, 2014, 07:48 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's good for normal strolling; not sure it will survive jogging.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
February 22nd, 2014, 12:33 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I finally put the new stroller together and it's working perfectly... yay!
yashobo likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search