Potties

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By jlstebbins
  • 1 Post By jlstebbins
  • 1 Post By Jinnah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2014, 08:29 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Has anyone bought a potty yet? If so, which one? If not, which one will you buy?

We have a very relaxed approach and it seems to work. Our oldest son started going #2 in the potty at 18 months and #1 by his second birthday. Our other two weren't quite so early, but still early enough. We have purchased Elijah's potty and we put it in the bathroom so he can sit on it when he is interested. When he starts wanting to sit there for a bit, I'll read him Once Upon A Potty while he is on it. This is how I have potty trained all of our kids and it has worked well for us. I do give stickers on a chart, also, with lots of praise.

This time around, we bought this one: BabyBjorn Potty Chair - Turquoise - Baby Bjorn - Toys "R" Us

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
February 24th, 2014, 08:30 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We have this one from when Claire was this age:

Robot Check

Claire never liked it...she preferred to use the potty seat that actually sits on the regular toilet. We have both in the kids' bathroom, so hopefully they'll show an interest in one or the other before too long!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 24th, 2014, 06:17 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also have the one DD1 used when she was potty training. I actually had 2 for her - one for daycare and one for home because she was the only one in her class who was potty training/trained and they don't start until 2 hence no potty in the 1-2 yr old class. DD1 was potty trained by 19 months; I am hoping to start Luyando very soon. Definitely by the time it warms up we'll be into it.

Sisters, friends forever
February 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, I was looking at the one Clarie has! Only because I was trying to stay within her theme, and I still love frogs lol! I've heard of the baby bjorn one.... Sarah specified she loves it and is really good to potty train on, but I can't see myself spend 23$ for a potty training seat.

We haven't started yet, she's definitely not ready.

February 25th, 2014, 06:35 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
We have that Baby Bjorn one and Ruby loves it. She pooped in it yesterday and today all on her own.
February 26th, 2014, 07:00 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Buying one this weekend!!

Cant wait!!
Jinnah likes this.

February 27th, 2014, 10:05 AM
NewGurl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Iv no interest in potty training lol he hasnt shown any real signs of readyness so i see no point that and i watch entirly to many moms around here screamimg at their 2 yearolds for being an embarrassment and messing themselves in public, Iv got enough going on with 2 under 2 i dont need the hassle or the relization that iv become that mom.....if he hasnt picked it up on his own by 3 ill problly push it idk b4 that. he doesnt daycare so iv no time limit other then kindergarden lol

February 27th, 2014, 11:35 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGurl View Post
Iv no interest in potty training lol he hasnt shown any real signs of readyness so i see no point that and i watch entirly to many moms around here screamimg at their 2 yearolds for being an embarrassment and messing themselves in public, Iv got enough going on with 2 under 2 i dont need the hassle or the relization that iv become that mom.....if he hasnt picked it up on his own by 3 ill problly push it idk b4 that. he doesnt daycare so iv no time limit other then kindergarden lol
That's so wrong... how sad.

We don't put any pressure at all, ever. There is no need for that. We just have the potty available and when he wants to start using it, he can.

February 27th, 2014, 01:15 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Bought a fisher price potty. Coleson peed in it the first time he sat on it today!!!!! Soooo cute!!
Jinnah likes this.

February 27th, 2014, 01:59 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstebbins View Post
Bought a fisher price potty. Coleson peed in it the first time he sat on it today!!!!! Soooo cute!!
Wow! Good job!
jlstebbins likes this.

March 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay, coleson! Luyando sat on it today for the first time. She didn't do anything in it the first time and peed on my the rug in my mom's room a minute after getting up from the potty but she peed the other 2 times she sat on it. I got her pull ups too today but she'll still wear diapers at night and when we go out.

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search