Random thread

Forum: October 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2014, 05:58 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
What has everyone been up to? Post all your random things here!

Saturday, I took the kids to Kohl's and a popcorn store. We also stopped at a music store to get a couple parts for dd's instrument. We tried a new restaurant after dh got home from work. On Sunday, I did some household chores and we just hung out around the house.

Monday, we went to Costco and the grocery store. I also helped dd with her room. We did keep, give away, and throw away. Next weekend, we'll do one of the boys' rooms, and the following weekend, the other one. Then, I'll do different rooms of the house. We do this a few times a year, and it really helps cut down on clutter.

Jesus loving, SAHM to four children.
March 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Sunday we went hiking! It was warm enough that DH wore shorts, although the rest of us just wore pants and short sleeves. It was so much fun to be outdoors and have the kids running around; they all loved it so much...and then yesterday it snowed again I am so ready for Spring to be here and STAY here!

I just spent some time trying to teach Abigail to go down the stairs backwards, but it wasn't working. I didn't even have to teach George...he just naturally knows that it is easier to crawl down that way. Abigail wants to dive down head-first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinnah View Post
We did keep, give away, and throw away. Next weekend, we'll do one of the boys' rooms, and the following weekend, the other one. Then, I'll do different rooms of the house. We do this a few times a year, and it really helps cut down on clutter.
We're kind of doing that now, too. I have been going thru the kids' clothes and seeing what they have for the summer and what they still need, what everyone has outgrown that can go to Goodwill, etc. It is also likely that we'll be moving within a year, so I want to declutter big time before then!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

March 4th, 2014, 06:43 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Today, I went to my VERY FIRST pilates class at our YMCA. It was pretty intense. DH and I work out there once a week, but this was pilates and tons of cardio. I feel sooo good though. Sore, but good. Im going to start going every Tuesday and Thursday morning. I work there also in the childcare area on occasion(a few hours a week), so Coleson is familiar with the girls in there. Also, my breastfeeding support group made a life-size stand up cardboard cut out of me breastfeeding Coleson. It was done professionally and looks so real. Anyway, it is now in the entrance area at the YMCA (where I work), with a big sign by it saying how the Y supports breastfeeding, along with cards stating the law on breastfeeding. It is really cute!! I should post a pic of it on here to show you all. OK, so more to chat about! My good friend just had her baby today! She named him Malachi. I think thats so cute!! I cant wait to go see her tomorrow. My friend sent me a pic of the baby, and Coleson kept kissing my phone saying "baby". It was sooo sweet!Im ready for SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 5th, 2014, 05:06 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yes, I want to see this life-size picture! That sounds awesome, and how amazing that the Y is so supportive
jlstebbins likes this.

Melissa & DH

March 5th, 2014, 06:49 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I want to see the picture, too! Sounds cool!We are thinking about joining the YMCA.

March 5th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Im subbing in the morning for a few hours so I will take a pic. I really cant wait to show you all. I will be putting it in the private forum though. I will let you know when its up.

March 5th, 2014, 06:26 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay, I would love to see it. That is so sweet and supportive of them. We started the week with a snow day. We were not really expecting that much snow. Government offices and schools were all cancelled on monday. I like that part but not the snow part. The next day you felt like you were risking your life with every step you took outside. Worst snow clean up job ever. Thankfully the sun came yesterday and today and melted a bunch so it's safe to walk around again. So, ready for Spring!Luyando is doing great with her pottying. She pooped in a potty today When we got back from church this evening, I thought there was no way she'll pee since she already peed in her diaper while at church but just put her on it for the heck of it. She sat down and peed right away and got up like a big girl She really is getting the hang of it well.

Sisters, friends forever
March 5th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Everytime Coleson pees in his potty, he tries to splash around in it with his hands. Hes faster than lightning, so I have to be faster than him to prevent him from playing in his pee. TMI...but really....its gross/funny!!Hes never pooped in his potty, but I HIGHLY doubt he will try to touch that. He thinks his pee is water I think. lol.

March 6th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Luyando likes to put her feet in, eewww. Even when there is nothing in it she wants to stand in it. She is a climber generally so she probably sees it as a stepping stool or something. But my mom left her on the potty yesterday and by the time she came literally a second later, her foot was already in the pee. She's only pooped in it once so don't know if she'll think it' a good idea with poop.

Sisters, friends forever
March 7th, 2014, 05:41 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ha ha, I'm so glad it's not just my kids who think the potty is the best toy ever
yashobo likes this.

Melissa & DH

March 10th, 2014, 07:50 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
That's so funny, Yashobo!How is everyone doing? I haven't been on in a couple of days... relatives in town.

March 10th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Hope you and the family had fun with relatives from out of town. We are well. The time change is just taking some adjusting to I was feeling so sleepy at work today. Taking kids to neighboring city to visit a friend and do zoo and science museum this weekend. So excited about that. Haven't seen my friend in 3 or 4 years although we email and talk on phone. She just moved to a city 2.5 hours from so we'll hopefully get to see each other more often now.
Jinnah likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
March 11th, 2014, 08:20 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by yashobo View Post
Hope you and the family had fun with relatives from out of town. We are well. The time change is just taking some adjusting to I was feeling so sleepy at work today. Taking kids to neighboring city to visit a friend and do zoo and science museum this weekend. So excited about that. Haven't seen my friend in 3 or 4 years although we email and talk on phone. She just moved to a city 2.5 hours from so we'll hopefully get to see each other more often now.
I hear ya! I'm struggling with the time change, too.

How fun to be able to catch up with an old friend!

March 13th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Coleson slept all night last night for the first time ever!!!! 8pm-630am woohoo!!!!
yashobo, LoverlyJules and Jinnah like this.

March 13th, 2014, 01:48 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Way to go, Coleson! That is awesome!

The time change is making things a little difficult here, too. Plus we're transitioning from two naps for the twins down to one nap, so it has been a wonky week for sure!

Melissa & DH

March 13th, 2014, 01:59 PM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
I have errands to run, but I just cannot make myself get up. :/

Why would someone put mothballs in their car? We were at the mall, yesterday, and when we passed by a car it reeked of them. Of course, I was worried about Elijah breathing it. Is mothball usage common? I wasn't aware of that.

March 13th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Never heard of it in a car. I've heard of people using them in their garage to keep bugs away.Wtg, coleson!

Sisters, friends forever
March 14th, 2014, 09:51 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
People are crazy! Maybe they put them in their garage and it made the car smell. Not good! Do you think breathing it while passing by is bad?On a separate note... thinking about going to the botanical gardens today or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstebbins View Post
Coleson slept all night last night for the first time ever!!!! 8pm-630am woohoo!!!!
Nice! Still not sleeping through the night here.

March 14th, 2014, 10:12 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I don't think walking by it was a big deal, but it is weird that you could smell it that strongly! Yikes!
Jinnah likes this.

Melissa & DH

March 14th, 2014, 11:04 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
I don't think walking by it was a big deal, but it is weird that you could smell it that strongly! Yikes!
Am I the only one who worries about stuff like this?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search