We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Bear with me because this will probably turn into a rambling.
Everything started on the 2nd at my 38 week appointment. Apparently my blood pressure spiked enough to send me over to be monitored at the hospital. After a few hours it went back to normal and they sent me home to do a 24hr urine catch. My urnie did end up coming back with 200mg of protien which wasnt enough to warrent an induction and my OB didnt seem worried about it. Fast forward a week later(the 9th) to my 39 week appointment and low and behold my blood pressure was really high again(160/110). My OB sent me back to be monitored and have an US done. Blood pressure stayed up so he decided to keep me overnight and he wanted me to do a 12hr urine catch. He came in to talk to me once I got settled and told me that more than likely I would leave the hospital still pregnant. I told him he better run and he laughed at me and told me that if I did get to leave that he wanted to see me first thing Monday to see what we could do about inducing me. He then proceded to tell me that if anything happened over the weekend that he wouldnt be able to deliver because he would be out of town. So of course the next day when the on call Dr. came in I had enough protien in my urine to warrent an induction. It wasnt bad enough for me to have it done right then and there though. She suggested that I could go home and come back Sunday night to start being induced so that my Dr. could deliver Jamison. She wanted me to get hooked up on the monitors first though. After about 20 min she came in and asked me if I was feeling any of the contractions I was having....I wasnt but I was contracting every 2 min. She ended up checking me and I was at a 2 and 60% effaced. The day before at my appointment I was at a 1 and that was it. She wanted me to stay on the monitors a few more hours and then have the nurse check me again. I was still contracting every 2 min when the nurse came back but I hadnt changed at all. And I must say this...if your going to be a nurse that has to check a woman's cervix, cut your ****** nails! My goodness!!! Anyways...by the time the on call Dr. came back in to talk to me I had progressed to a 3 and was 75%. That was within an hour and a half. Needless to say she wasnt comfortable sending me home so I was admitted. After I got settled in my new room she came in and broke my water. Thats when I really started feeling the contractions and they were strong!! I got my epidural 30 min after and I was a 4 then and 80%. My blood pressure ended up dropping really low after my epidural but they got it back up. But 12hrs after having my water broken it was time to start pushing!! Ended up pushing for over 2 hrs and was in the worst pain of my life(epidural worked, just horrible pressure and burning). I ended up having a 3rd degree episiotomy(sp?) done which I felt and yelled at the Dr for. After that I ended up having my little monkey!! All the pain was worth it. He was born at 5:52 AM weighed 8lbs 5oz and was 20 1/2". I am in love!!