I am new to this forum...

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Hi my name is Terryann. I am not sure that I can stay in this room... i would love to, but would understand if it is not appropiate, because of my situation.

My grandmother was Jewish... I found this out a few years ago. I grew up in a Christian home and was very much content with it, up until about 7 years ago. I became very interested in the Jewish people, there was the intense draw (before I found out about my grandmother) and has not gone away. I began to go to a Messianic Synagogue on Saturdays and celebrated Shabbot. I wanted and felt extremely passoinate about learning about the Jewish people/traditions. I purchased a Torah book... etc... and began to feel so complete that I lost interest in the Christain church, it seemed very watered down to me.
I do want you to know, that I still believe that the Messiah has come... (Yashua) though do not embrace the 'Christian' theology. I have found some Messianic Synagogues that support this.. though I still hunger for so much more... that I can't really put my finger on it... it's just when I saw your thread... 'Jewish Parenting', it really attracted me.
I will totally understand if it is uncomfortable for any of you, for me to be part of your thread.. I really mean that... but I just am so hungry to know you and learn more... that it literally is an ache within me.

Respectfully
terryann
love&peace
January 4th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Blessings B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My personal opinion is WELCOME I am sure we all have different ideas which makes the world such a wonderful place. Look forward to getting to know you. B
January 5th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Quote:
My personal opinion is WELCOME I am sure we all have different ideas which makes the world such a wonderful place. Look forward to getting to know you. B[/b]

Thank you so much mom2boys... I so .. am honored.

I will just fill you in a bit:

I am my kids mom... three sons... three adopted daughters, two daughter-in-laws, three grandchildren... and hoping for more!!! I had a miscarraige last August, with a suprise pregnancy after 21 years. With my first marriage, my ex had a vasectomy when my youngest son was about a year old... so we could not have anymore. But now, I am now remarried.. and we lost our first (together), last summer.... at 9 1/2 weeks pregnant (we were married at that point for one and a half years... took that long to conceive). It was very sad... we had at least 4 ultrasounds.. saw his heartbeat... we were so excited, only to loose him. We have been trying since... but I believe I have had some chemical pregnancies.. but nothing yet, viable.

To make things even more difficult, I am 45 and he is 55. So we have that against us. I still have af every month and positive opks, so I do know I still ovulate.

Anyway... that is about the shortest dialogue I have ever given re: the story of my life ...
he he

loveandpeace
terryann
can't wait to know you all
January 5th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Katzchen
Terryanne, Welcome! And good luck with ttc!
January 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome terryann

I am not an exclusive person, so I welcome you here... but I must confess that my experience with the Messianic Jews has not been a positive one. That is not to say that you are the same as that, different people bring different experiences! I welcome you here with an open mind and I hope you make my experience better.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
January 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I really hope what I said was not offensive. It wasnt meant to be.. I was just being honest.

January 5th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

I think that as long as we're respectful of each other's differences, everyone is free to post. Judaism is a religion with very different views and levels of observance, but we can show respect and learn from each other. That's the beauty about Judaism- there's SO much to learn!

Sharon
January 6th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Thank you all so much, for your warm welcomes, it mean's a lot to me. Also, (I definately was NOT offended ).

loveandpeace
terryann
Shabbot Shalom
January 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Thank you all so much, for your warm welcomes, it mean's a lot to me. Also, (I definately was NOT offended ).

loveandpeace
terryann
Shabbot Shalom[/b]

Good! I was worried I said something I shouldnt have!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search