Preschool Question..

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2006, 01:44 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
Hi everyone! I should probably start off by introducing myself. I'm Rachel, and I have a 3yo DD, Leah. Expecting #2 in August!

It is getting close to the time for preschool for DD. I am wanting to put her in a Jewish preschool (like at the JCC or JCYS). DH is okay with it (he's a born and raised Catholic), as neither of us are very religious. To be honest, I haven't really practiced, and come from a mixed religion household too. My dad was Catholic. I consider myself Jewish, as my mom is. Anyway.. has anyone here been through this yet? It is a bit expensive (private preschool typically is), but important for me. I'd really like DD to learn about religion and G-d and I'd like to raise her Jewish.

Any pluses or minuses of Jewish preschool that you can think of??

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

February 5th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Llamamama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my sisters were brought up within the Jewish Day schools and they absolutely loved them (they are now 16 and 20) .. to this day they volunteer there. They really had an amazing experience with the one they attended.

My boys are beautiful and look forward to meeting the new member of our family

@LizPW on Twitter or find me on my blog
February 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Veteran
My older children both attended the Hebrew Acadamy's preschool and loved it. Early education was stressed more than many of the other preschools but it was a very warm and caring enviroment as well. The preschool was divided with some children having a strict religious curriculum, mainly for the orthodox Jews and a curriculum with a bit less emphasis on religious training for the conservative and reform Jews. I plan on starting my youngest child in the 2 half-days program when he's 2. It was quite a bit more expensive than most of the other preschools but I think it was well worth it. My children didn't continue their schooling at the Hebrew Acadamy and were enrolled in public school when they reached kindergarten.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
March 11th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Super Mommy
I am looking into only jewish preschools although my DH and I are not very religious. I am leaning toward one that is very conservative. It seems really great. My DH and I will have to read some kosher and judiasm for dummies book to keep up with what my son will learn. It seems like a great place healthy snacks, learning about charity, baking challah on fridays. I like the idea that they only learn about jewish holidays they have the rest of their lives t be inundated with everything Christian which America has become.

Good luck with all your choices.

Any suggestions of books that might be good to learn more about my religion. I have till sept to brush up

March 16th, 2006, 03:42 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Actually Judaism for dummies os one of the best. A friend of mine whose fiance is Jewish read it and found she knew more then her fiance! The Jewish Book of Why is also a classic I think?

I am definatly all for Jewish preschool. We are planning on it
March 16th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
Thank you for the input do you know that we are both in the September due date club!!!

Stacy

March 16th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
David's in a Jewish preschool. We're fairly observant so it's important for us that our children grow up in a similar environment.

Sharon
March 16th, 2006, 01:37 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thank you for the input do you know that we are both in the September due date club!!!

Stacy[/b]

yay we are! I'm glad we are in both forums together!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search