Keeping Toddlers Kosher during Passover?

Home FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Chat Room

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Veteran
I am Jewish. My DH is not. We are raising our DD Jewish. I keep kosher during Passover but am debating whether to keep DD kosher during Passover. She is 16 months old and is somewhat a picky eater. Any suggestions? Will you and/or your children keep kosher during Passover?

"
April 8th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, we're orthodox so our children definitely keep kosher for passover. One thing to ensure it is to remove all non kosher for Passover foods from your house. Buy kosher for Passover products that are familiar for your DD like pancakes, cookies, even pasta.
One thing my kids love are Passover pizzas, which is really just a matzah with pizza sauce and cheese. Matzoh balls are also a kid's favorite. Most picky eaters will eat that. Fruits and vegetables that are appropiate for Passover also make excellent choices. Marzoh with milk and a litte sugar is a good substitute for cereal and you can put some bananas of strawberries in it.

Sharon
April 9th, 2009, 05:14 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Neither of my children are keeping Passover, my 11 month old especially, he is 11 months old and underweight and I struggle with getting food into him period. I am not making my 2 year old keep either mostly becuase he is picky but also because it wouldnt have meaning for him yet, and I would want it to. He knows all about the sedar, and the plate, and what we eat on PAssover, and eventually he will keep it.
April 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Veteran
It's hard until you get the hang of it. I modified our "passover restrictions" so I don't make it impossible for the kids since they're so young, but can understand that we don't eat levened things. So I still let them have yogurt for breakfast, but no toast. We have macaroons in yogurt parfait with fruit for dessert and grill hot dogs or hamburgers often for dinner. They don't eat the buns anyway!
Find some good recipes on epicurious.com under passover. The cauliflower leek kugel is AMAZING! We eat it all year round.
Teri

Thank you JAIDYNSMUM for my beautiful signature!