Getting this board moving

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2009, 10:41 AM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to see this board moving, the last topic on the page is from Dec 07!!! Any ideas ???
April 14th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Alchemist's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Rachma,

I agree. It is awful but i guess its because there are so few of us on the board.....

Maybe we can do a weekly parashat topic and how it applies to our every day life........?
April 14th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The parasha is always a good way to have new discussions. We could also choose certain topics and start discussions on those. I once suggested we could startby talking about women and judaism and the common misconceptions.

Sharon
April 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Great ideas! We could also maybe do a QOTD thing. I know there has to be more Jewish mommies then us.....
April 15th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Ha ha Sharon, especially the debates we get ourselves into on the debating board he he....

I have a friend on the IWAB board who is jewish (not very religious) but i will invite her to participate. We could all learn something from one another.... lets get something going and then i'll invite her.

anyone want to start with a question or discussion?????

or should i go???
April 26th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes! The debates!!! Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out! LOL!
So if anyone wishes to pick a topic of discussion, we can start. I've been kinda MIA for a few days, but hey, I live in Mexico City you can imagine that my days are a little surreal at the moment. My kids dont' have classes until May 6th and that's only if this flu is controlled. I can'ttake them out anywhere, we're pretty much stuck at home and we're all going a bit crazy

Sharon
April 29th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Granola Mama
Well...I'll start by introducing myself . I've been lurking but too chicken to join in .

I'm not actually Jewish myself, I was raised non-religious with a Catholic father and Pagan/Wiccan mother (yeah, no wonder I'm screwed up), but my husband is (well, technically 3/4 Jewish if we want to get into math) and we want to raise our kids knowing about their Jewish roots I guess you could say. We aren't really very religious, so it's kind of hard to explain. But like, we celebrate Christian, Jewish, and Pagan holidays, DH has been adiment that his future son(s) have a bris-I didn't care one way or the other so I left it up to him and now reading about the cearmony it sounds very wonderful and loving-we had a naming ceramony for Rain (I'm gonna say simchat bat because that's what I found on the internet and DH isn't awake to correct me if I'm wrong), and we've talked about doing a bar/bat mitzvah in the future, we've also done several things (too tired to list) to include Pagan/Wiccan traditions, the only part we have problems with is my Catholic hertiage because it comes from my father's side and I can't handle any association with him.

Ok, that was a long intro.
and baby number 4 due 9/3/10
April 29th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I'm Sam, Sadie's Mommy!!!
Hi cafebabe!

Sharon!!!

Yikes! That has to be so scary! People here are FREAKING OUT. I am surprised that I have remained relatively calm considering I am usually the one flipping out!

I think discussion and/or QOTD would be great!!! I know there has to be more Jewish Mommies out there! (I think there's one in my DDC/PR, but she doesn't practice...she had her son circumcised, but I'm not sure they had a bris...)

Anyway, I'm game for chatting if you all are!
Sam
April 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Lets get started then! I might send some pms out too WAHOO! Anyone who wants to start START! Maybe I will do a QOTD thing tomorrow
May 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I also lurk..my name is Cherie and I would love to be a part of this board if you will have me.

I am not myself Jewish, But my husband who has been living in Israel for 18 years just moved here so we could be married, he is in the Israeli army.

anyways, nice to meet you all

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

May 9th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am still around and stop into this board every so often...I would be interested in praticipating in QOTD

May 18th, 2009, 02:15 AM
me too me too..... been AWOL of late, sorry gals...... will be more active now.
June 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi, my name is Rebecca. I am a lurker. I am Reform and a former Hebrew School teacher. My son Ethan was stillborn in February, and I've been having trouble coping from a religious perspective. My observances haven't changed but I sometimes feel like I am going through the motions. We are TTC #2, hopefully that will help.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 8th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Rebecca, so sorry about Ethan. It has just happened to my cousins cousin. Have you had some councelling from a Rav? It is important to reach out to the community for support at a time like this.......
June 8th, 2009, 06:03 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
My rabbi came to the hospital before he was born and counseled us and said a blessing over Ethan. We talked a few times since then, but most of my counseling comes from my therapist. I like my rabbi, but I was much closer to her predecessor, who has retired and is living out of state. It's hard to put my shoes on some days much less be proactive about finding a new spiritual mentor Is your cousin getting spiritual support?

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 9th, 2009, 01:50 AM
its a cousin of a cousin. It just happened a few days ago. The community here is very small and supportive.

I can only imagine how difficult things are for you right now. I hope you find peace and are blessed in the very near future.
June 9th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Rebecca I am so sorry for your loss We can definitly be support here if you need it. I'd maybe see if there are any jewish grief groups in your area, I worked for JFSA for awhile and we had groups specifically for Jewish women and men dealing with a variety of things. I know its helpful to have the "jewish spin" on things and there is a need for more of that support. I am a therapist btw.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search