Hey

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2006, 08:43 AM
mom@20's Avatar Veteran
I've noticed this forum isn't too very active but I'm Jewish, actually I'm very religious, and I wanted to say HI!!!

November 19th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I've noticed this forum isn't too very active but I'm Jewish, actually I'm very religious, and I wanted to say HI!!![/b]
Hi and welcome!
I'm quite religious also, probably fall into the modern orthodox category. I didn't grow up that way, most of my family is reform/unaffiliated. I'm the black sheep

Sharon
November 20th, 2006, 06:56 AM
mom@20's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
I've noticed this forum isn't too very active but I'm Jewish, actually I'm very religious, and I wanted to say HI!!![/b]
Hi and welcome!
I'm quite religious also, probably fall into the modern orthodox category. I didn't grow up that way, most of my family is reform/unaffiliated. I'm the black sheep

Sharon
[/b]
Yah!!! I did not think there would be anyone else on jm who was at all like me!! I'm also modern orthodox! I think its amazing btw that u became frum, I'm always very impressed with bts! So does anything ever really happen on this board?

November 20th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Yah!!! I did not think there would be anyone else on jm who was at all like me!! I'm also modern orthodox! I think its amazing btw that u became frum, I'm always very impressed with bts! So does anything ever really happen on this board?[/b]
It's amazing the amount of people that are returning to Judaism. Practically all my frum friends didn't grow up in observant homes. That's good because we all relate to each other and understand the problems with other family members and stuff. It isn't easy, though.
Well, this is a slow board. Any ideas on how to pump it up are appreciated.

Sharon
November 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM
mom@20's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Yah!!! I did not think there would be anyone else on jm who was at all like me!! I'm also modern orthodox! I think its amazing btw that u became frum, I'm always very impressed with bts! So does anything ever really happen on this board?[/b]
It's amazing the amount of people that are returning to Judaism. Practically all my frum friends didn't grow up in observant homes. That's good because we all relate to each other and understand the problems with other family members and stuff. It isn't easy, though.
Well, this is a slow board. Any ideas on how to pump it up are appreciated.

Sharon
[/b]
It is amazing, but I don't really know so many ppl who are bts, I guess probably because I've always gone to frum schools and never really went anywhere. My parents and all their friends are bts though.
Abt the board, I would love to pump it up and I would definatly be around to post, but I don't know how to get other people interseted. I feel like for people who aren't frum, Judiasm is kinda on the backburner, other boards would be more important for them.

November 23rd, 2006, 12:55 PM
mom@20's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Hi! I recently returned to Judaism.. as a Reform. I was brought up as strictly Orthodox. I'd love to get the board runnig as well![/b]
Hi! Nice to meet you. Is it really diff being reform as apossed to orthodox? What do you think we can do to get the board up?

November 25th, 2006, 08:45 PM
mom@20's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi! I recently returned to Judaism.. as a Reform. I was brought up as strictly Orthodox. I'd love to get the board runnig as well![/b]
Hi! Nice to meet you. Is it really diff being reform as apossed to orthodox? What do you think we can do to get the board up?
[/b]
Nice to meet you to! I'd say the main difference is that they belive that Judaism should keep all it's principles but adapt it to today's needs.
Maybe we could get some images for our siggies so that people will come to our board.. ? You know, like the one I have in mine about the Love and Sex board? It would raise awareness. And if we post more, then maybe people will come in because we are more active.
[/b]
Those are both great ideas, I see you're already starting, alright I'm off to start posting replys....

November 28th, 2006, 12:02 PM
rachna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you are here, it would be good to see this board get some more replies!
March 14th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Veteran
I am here, too. I am Lubavitch. This seems like a fun group.
March 16th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Super Mommy
I grew in a split family. My biological mother although Jewish never really cared about the religion much so when it was time for nursery school she actually sent us to a Greek Orthodox church school. I don't know why my dad let her. Anyway when it was time for hebrew school she said she didn't think it was important. By then my dad remarried a wonderful women who was very into her Judaism and insisted that we go to Hebrew school. Since we were already 10 and only visited them every other week we got only half school and therefore never got bat mitvahed at 13. We (my twin sister and I ) and my step mom (who never got bat mitvahed) got Bat mitvahed together when I was 19. Now my son is 2 1/2 he is in a conservative jewish preschool. He already knows the prayer over the bread I was so excited about that.

Well that is my Jewish background. I would love to get this board more active as well.

Stacy

PS my husbands family isn't very religious except for one uncle who "converted" to orthodox. We went there for Purim and it was so much fun

March 19th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, i'm Amy, DH is Mike and we have two kids, Jessica is almost 8 and Joseph is 16 months. We are reform Jews but we do a lot of Jewish things like going to temple every friday and keeping Passover rather strictly. Mike is principal of the religous school and head of the Religous Ed board. i started a temple tots class for the under kindergarten age kids, its a mommy and me type class and I teach it. Ive peeked in at this board before and seemed like there wasnt much going on but it seems busier now so I thought I'd chime in

June 11th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Veteran
Where is everyone??? Do you ladies still come on this board? I check it out once in a while. Let's get it going, again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search