Friday night

Forum: Jewish Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Jewish Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2006, 09:41 PM
mom@20's Avatar Veteran
Do you have any traditions for Friday night?
My dh always goes to Shul (temple) and I light candles. When he comes home we make Kiddush have a home cooked fancy meal with a few courses and sing songs and relax. We go to bed early and we are very religious so we don't do "work" the whole night (and next day of course). It is really a peaceful beautiful calming time. It makes the stress of the week fade away and we can really focus on our family because there are no outside distractions. I really really love Shabbos.

December 5th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Mom2DavidandAaron's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh goes to shul. Now that Shabath starts earlier, David stays up until daddy comes back and he has dinner with us, at least for a while. He loves because he gets to have "grape water"
Now with a 3 year old and a 6 month old I'm keeping Shabath dinner to just us. Hopefully, once we're more relaxed we can start having guests over.

Sharon
March 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Veteran
We have a similar evening to mom@20. Something special we do is my husband bentches/blesses each child after coming home from shul. It's the first thing he does before anything else. Even the baby gets ready, waits in line, lol. When I am expecting, he bentches the baby inside. When he bentches the kids, he puts his hands on their head and says the brocha.

My five year old brings her parsha project to show my husband. I love this part!!!
March 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We go to temple nearly every friday night.

March 20th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Hi! So nice to find other frum mommies on the board!
Now that Shabbos comes in later, I usually put the kids to bed before bentching licht. As soon as I finish, my husband goes to shul, then he comes back and we enjoy a simple (but Shabbosdik) dinner together. We're usually so tired by the time Shabbos rolls around that we have challah with chumus and guacamole, soup with kneidelach, and occasionally a bit of kugel. DH is a vegetarian, so he's happy with the simplified menu. After bentching, he stays up and learns for awhile - Mommy hits the sack!
March 25th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Veteran
We are also vegetarian. I became after getting married b/c my husband was. I sometimes have to get pretty creative to make interesting meals. I try to make substitutes for fleishig/meat dishes.

My kids actually stay up for the meal. Friday night is the easiest nite to put the kids to bed. They practically put themselves to bed.

Chanale, how many kids do you have? I have three girls, KYH, 5,3,1.
October 13th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Melamma's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to Melamma
We are frum Jews. My husband and daughter go to shul every single Friday night and Shabbos day. We always do the whole kiddush and meal Friday night and day.
I stay home with our son because he can't walk that far yet. On Succos I got to go to shul. Pushed my son in the stroller. It was nice.

October 18th, 2007, 09:03 PM
sonadora's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sonadora Send a message via MSN to sonadora Send a message via Yahoo to sonadora
I light candles, we bless DD together, and sit down for dinner. When our Shul has services here in the Valley (once a month), we walk together to Shul, pushing DD in her stroller and eat dinner when we return.

November 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Mommy2n1
We light the candles every Friday night and have our sabbath dinner. We do go to shul when they have the tot shabbat services. My son has always fought me on going to shul mainly because their father isn't Jewish. But now that my husband goes with us even though he isn't Jewish it's not as much of a fight. He has beent hinking about converting lately. I really would love him to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search